Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, got my brush and paint nice and ready, and painted this cutie pie....

I know, i know, its lime green. Although, the green scales turn silver in low light conditons, and the body is pretty metallic my camera just f-ed it up. (The black area is his gill, you just cant see the line very good.)

Thanks sole searcher for tellin me about the secret stencil ;) , it works great!

By the way, if anyone has an old beat-up lure, i'd be more then happy to paint it for you, ill give it back, im just getting practice.

Thanks,

DH

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
swimbait said:
If you are using Createx, you can wash it off and do it again, and again.

SS
Yeah ss, I'm using createx. I knew you could do that, I just never really though about it lol thanks ss.

And mr wiggles, almost any paint is fine, shoot you can crayon it IMO. just as long as you have a good clear coat. ;)

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I have been using this stuff for at least eight years...

Get some Pledge® with Future Shine® floor wax and cut your Createx 2 parts Createx to 1 part Pledge in empty two oz. plastic squirt bottles. Buy a bunch of empty bottles from your local purveyor of artistic accoutrements and back-fill it with that chit mang...

You are also entitled to the knowledge that a hair-drier is as good as gold to the nascent bait -painter...

Just make sure that you are in an open space free of fumes, or thou shalt be as a fire-ball unto the heavens....

And thou does not want that... ;)

BTW, what topcoat are thou est using, Doctor?

SS

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Mrwigglestheworm said:
swimbait said:
If you are using Createx, you can wash it off and do it again, and again.

SS
LOL :D

AKA, don't use Createx? Hahaha
Not at all Kinney, it is my preferred paint, it will not giveth the cancer and carbuncles of thy nads...

SS

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
swimbait said:
I have been using this stuff for at least eight years...

Get some Pledge® with Future Shine® floor wax and cut your Createx 2 parts Createx to 1 part Pledge in empty two oz. plastic squirt bottles. Buy a bunch of empty bottles from your local purveyor of artistic accoutrements and back-fill it with that chit mang...

You are also entitled to the knowledge that a hair-drier is as good as gold to the nascent bait -painter...

Just make sure that you are in an open space free of fumes, or thou shalt be as a fire-ball unto the heavens....

And thou does not want that... ;)

BTW, what topcoat are thou est using, Doctor?

SS

Haha, you crack me up swim bait lol but I'm using krylon gloss clear, about 4-6 coats. If you have a better top coat that you wouldn't mind sharing, please do, I'm very interested in trying something new. I was thinking liquid plastic?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts