Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, got my brush and paint nice and ready, and painted this cutie pie....

I know, i know, its lime green. Although, the green scales turn silver in low light conditons, and the body is pretty metallic my camera just f-ed it up. (The black area is his gill, you just cant see the line very good.)

Thanks sole searcher for tellin me about the secret stencil ;) , it works great!

By the way, if anyone has an old beat-up lure, i'd be more then happy to paint it for you, ill give it back, im just getting practice.

Thanks,

DH

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
swimbait said:
If you are using Createx, you can wash it off and do it again, and again.

SS
Yeah ss, I'm using createx. I knew you could do that, I just never really though about it lol thanks ss.

And mr wiggles, almost any paint is fine, shoot you can crayon it IMO. just as long as you have a good clear coat. ;)

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I have been using this stuff for at least eight years...

Get some Pledge® with Future Shine® floor wax and cut your Createx 2 parts Createx to 1 part Pledge in empty two oz. plastic squirt bottles. Buy a bunch of empty bottles from your local purveyor of artistic accoutrements and back-fill it with that chit mang...

You are also entitled to the knowledge that a hair-drier is as good as gold to the nascent bait -painter...

Just make sure that you are in an open space free of fumes, or thou shalt be as a fire-ball unto the heavens....

And thou does not want that... ;)

BTW, what topcoat are thou est using, Doctor?

SS

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
swimbait said:
Mrwigglestheworm said:
swimbait said:
If you are using Createx, you can wash it off and do it again, and again.

SS
LOL :D

AKA, don't use Createx? Hahaha
Not at all Kinney, it is my preferred paint, it will not giveth the cancer and carbuncles of thy nads...

SS
ROFL.....funny stuff man!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
swimbait said:
I have been using this stuff for at least eight years...

Get some Pledge® with Future Shine® floor wax and cut your Createx 2 parts Createx to 1 part Pledge in empty two oz. plastic squirt bottles. Buy a bunch of empty bottles from your local purveyor of artistic accoutrements and back-fill it with that chit mang...

You are also entitled to the knowledge that a hair-drier is as good as gold to the nascent bait -painter...

Just make sure that you are in an open space free of fumes, or thou shalt be as a fire-ball unto the heavens....

And thou does not want that... ;)

BTW, what topcoat are thou est using, Doctor?

SS

Haha, you crack me up swim bait lol but I'm using krylon gloss clear, about 4-6 coats. If you have a better top coat that you wouldn't mind sharing, please do, I'm very interested in trying something new. I was thinking liquid plastic?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
This is good stuff. ;)

http://archive.brushthralls.com/images/stories/Water/envirotex.jpg

It must be turned however, or it will sag and drip. It sets up overnight.

Get a barbecue rotisserie motor and rig it to turn baits. Little baits like cranks or whatever you can do with roa... er, alligator clips. They are strong enough.

Big stuff you will have to get creative...

SS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts