·
Registered
838 Posts
TAL0362 said:
I'm sure there are a bunch of them,

Ruedi
Elevenmile
Didn't Horsetooth have some?
TAL -- would you really consider 11Mile a Mac lake? I know a few splake are taken every once in a while -- but I have only targeted them once at 11M and wasn't seeing much on the finder. maybe you know something I don't about that lake.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ahhhhhh but the question is: What is the BEST Mac Lake?

OH and before anyone trys to get cute I mean in Colorado. ha ha

>:D

·
Registered
410 Posts
By the way, what would you say is your most productive size/colored tub jig or lure for Lakers in general?

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Fowl_Hooked said:
TAL -- would you really consider 11Mile a Mac lake? I know a few splake are taken every once in a while -- but I have only targeted them once at 11M and wasn't seeing much on the finder. maybe you know something I don't about that lake.
No, its not a true Mack lake. We had either a 3ish lb laker or splake up to the boat last spring, and I saw what I believe were lakers (or splake) concentrated on some deep water structure last fall, but we didn't stop to fish for them. The next time I'm up there (this Summer) I'm going to try for them, for real.

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
    Tal, I know right where you are talking about at 11 Mile. I always see big fish stacked up from 60 - 80 feet, so last year I took my Aqua- Vu down there and YES they are lakers. Lake trout was one of the 1st fish stocked there and it appears there are some that have held on. I once read an article on the Denver water web site that said walleyes were also stocked there along time ago but didn't last, I printed it off but I'll be damned if I can remember what I did with it ( getting older sux  ;D ).
   Good luck & cya on the water!!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
TthePikester said:
    Tal, I know right where you are talking about at 11 Mile. I always see big fish stacked up from 60 - 80 feet, so last year I took my Aqua- Vu down there and YES they are lakers. Lake trout was one of the 1st fish stocked there and it appears there are some that have held on. I once read an article on the Denver water web site that said walleyes were also stocked there along time ago but didn't last, I printed it off but I'll be damned if I can remember what I did with it ( getting older sux  ;D ).
   Good luck & cya on the water!!!
Yes I too know where you are talking about -- but with all the kokes you'd think there would be more lakers.  you sure they aren't splake? guess I would have catch to one to be sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts