Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished MacIntosh (in Longmont) on the evening on the 1st for cats. We threw shrimp, crawlers, and some liver. Caught a carp, and then a few bullheads and a medium sized channel. It got slow for awhile and we couldnt figure out why it died off, and then my roomate caught a nice sized channel about 6 or 7 lbs on a shrimp. It gave up a pretty good fight, but it came in after a bit. It must have moved in and scared off all of the smaller fish, its the biggest one ive seen out there yet. Its nice to know there are some decent cats out there. Overall a good trip, caught the biggest cat of the year, but hopefully its not the last....

conditions: muddy.
weather: clear and in the 60s.
water temp: mid 50s, not as warm as i thought it would be
water depth: all fish were caught in about 2 feet of water....very shallow and weedy.

Ok...now for the pics:

A chinese redfish

one bullhead of many...

medium sized channel...

the big guy...as you can see the shore was MUDDY....

another of the big cat...

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
Sweet report man!...LOL it looks like you guys were fishing in quick sand....speaking of muddy...when i lived in Cali...i used to fish the San Mateo Slough for rays and leopard sharks....when we caught a fish and the tide was out...damn did that suck...we had to go through almost knee high mud to get the fish off our hooks...fun times...

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Nice, i went there a good 3-5 times last year just havent had time to make it up there this year. BTW thats not a chinese redfish, thats a yellow wiper. :p

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"yellow wiper"   lol....

Ive also heard them called a "North Platte mud trout"....

·
Registered
902 Posts
nice report, i'll be hitting up the old stand-by mon night for cats, if you are interested, i will probibly be on the north shore w/ a buddy. I'm still getting eyes out there too....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts