Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went to Carter lake to fish from 6-9am when I ran across this guy

This fox hung out only about 15 feet from me for about 45 minutes. He even sat down on a hill behind me and just watched me fish. I thought maybe he was waiting on me to catch one and wanted to steal it, but when I did catch one he just tilted his head and looked at me curiously.

Foxes are cool! Anyways onto the fishing report. Carter was slow, caught one average size trout on a HD trout and another fly fishing with a black leech. People are doing well with power bait out there though, and I like to fool my fish.

Later in the morning I met a friend to fish a private pond he helps take care of. Had a blast nailing a ton of 1-2 lb LMB on both fly and conventional tackle. The real highlight was catching some nice perch on the fly rod! I got into several of these beauties. All a healthy 10 to 11.5 inches on a streamer pattern called a kreelex.
PXL_20201107_172831815.jpg

PXL_20201107_185345565.jpg

IMG_20201108_073353.jpg

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
Way kewl on the fox and the perch!...Mikey if you had a friend who had access to a private pond you would go as often as you were asked...KILL! KILL!! KILL!!!

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Great report, Thanks!
That's a good looking Fox. A lot nicer colors than the mangy ones I see around here.
Mikey with access to a private Perch pond, can you say Captain How-Dee!!!?!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Way kewl on the fox and the perch!...Mikey if you had a friend who had access to a private pond you would go as often as you were asked...KILL! KILL!! KILL!!!
Ya he just wishes he had private access. Who wouldn’t wanna fish private water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey when it comes to Perch fishing I will take all the help I can get, haha. I don't fish for them often. I should though... they are up there as one of my favorite fish to eat.

·
Registered
245 Posts
There was a fox at Green Mountain Reservoir that used to steal fish from guys ice fishing. That was a few years ago when the kokes were biting, especially down by the dam.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts