Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lobsters were the highlight. The bass were a different variety than what I was expecting, but still fun. All bass still swimming. Lobsters not as lucky.

Metal and plastic for the bass suspended at rock ledges (didn’t have too water equipment but they were rising at the surface). Bait dunking for the bottom feeders in 10-30’ water (Penobscot Bay)

Some more photos of the trip.

The moose was a highlight for my wife. Also, wild Maine blueberries and Canadian raspberries for miles.

No open borders here...they even have a fence.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Lot of awesome right there...

Those blueberries look PERFECT!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Very cool, great pictures, did you bring back plenty of Blueberries?
I'm waiting for Blueberry season here in AK to load up for the year.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Very cool, great pictures, did you bring back plenty of Blueberries?
I'm waiting for Blueberry season here in AK to load up for the year.

We ate until we couldn’t eat anymore (at least without fear during a 7 hour drive)....and filled every small sandwich bag we had. Gone before we flew home several days later.

I can’t imagine what the berry situation is like in Alaska!! We are torn between BC and Alaska for next summer.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Where in Maine? My daughter and family moved to the Bangor area last year. We visited them in April. Still cold like Minnesota in April. This looks a lot better! Those lobster are outrageous!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where in Maine? My daughter and family moved to the Bangor area last year. We visited them in April. Still cold like Minnesota in April. This looks a lot better! Those lobster are outrageous!
We didn't make it to Bangor but that location is perfectly located to access both parts of the state. And I personally think this is the best time of year there (fish are active, berries are in, peak lobster season) and the weather was perfect (high of 80 other than two days at 84/85 down south). Yes, the lobster were amazing! And you CANNOT beat the price. We drove 1200 miles, with over 1K of that in Maine.

We did an 11 day trip starting Wednesday. Flew to Boston then drove to Portland for a night (pure travel day).

From there we spent 3 nights on the Bagaduce River outside of Brooksville near Blue Hill, about 1 hour from Acadia NP. We were excited for all the park trails but it was too much of a zoo to enjoy. Maybe the part on the SE side of the island away from Bar Harbor is better but we were too eager to get away from the traffic to check it out. The lobster co-op in Stonington was really cool (or unique). Blue Hill had a smaller Estes Park feel to it.

Then spent 3 nights on Millinocket Lake, but drove up and through Canada via Saint Stephen and Saint Croix to get there (rather than take the highway). Went to Baxter State Park for 2 of those days and on the lake for a 3rd. I could go on and on and on about Baxter and that area...just awesome. Definitely has a CO/Yosemite hippie vibe to it. The northern terminus of the Appalachian Trail is on Mt. Katahdin in the park so there were people starting and finishing some really special life adventures.

We then went down and stayed 2 days on a small lake outside Augusta. But again, rather than take the pavement we hit the Golden Road and drove through Greenville on Moosehead lake.

Wrapped it up with a day checking out some sights in Boston (mistake) before another travel day to get home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts