Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a search on this subject but all i found were a bunch of ads and no info. does any one of a good site with info and possibly pics. regarding this. i would love to make my own and while a how-to-site would be great i really am just looking for an overview and than incorporate my own ideas. thanks in advance
Nathan

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
ive seen some kits in cabelas catalog the tackle craft one came with instructions and everything to make a batch of spinners

what sort of lures did you want to make?

did you try here http://www.luremaking.com/

i had a batch of other sites but cant find were i saved them there was stuff on making spoons from spoons and jigs like a hopkins style from butter knife handles

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool that might work i want to try all different ones a template is nice but i have an idea for a couple variations. really its just a hobby i am interested in and just need something to look at to get started.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
yep check out the site i listed and use www.google.com and do a shearch for lure making i got lots of good hits just have to weed out some others might even put "" around the words lure making that will narrow it down some

good luck we want to see pics of the lures you make

any more ? on lure makeing might get better response in the colorado fishing section definatly has to do with fishing

F

·
0 Posts
I make my own topwaters out of hardwood dowells and hobby paint........they had an article in an issue of bassin a long time ago thats how I started ....I also tie my own flys nothin fancy just the easy ones ....and I got all the stuff to make my own spinners at sportsmans warehouse ........

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
ive seen people catch pike on nothing more than a short section of broom stick with screw eyes for some nasty trebles and some red and white paint i saw one that looked like they had just cut 8-10 inches off square put heavy duty screw eyes in both ends and 2 in the middle for hooks they would switch the end hook from 1 end to the other to change the action one end being round and the other square cut man that thing was chewed up must have see the inside of more than a few toothy critters

this was on a TV show a few years back up north maybe even canada

1 - 7 of 7 Posts