Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished up a 3 month work contract in Alaska about 5 weeks ago and have finally been able to fish for the first time since April. First thing I did was hit up a supposed sleeper tiger muskie lake. Fishing was tough but I did manage a decent fish at 37.5 inches and lost a couple others. The August heat seemed to make angling kinda slow so I might try again this fall.

I have dabbled in a bit of bass fishing and finally landed my first frog fish. Still only about 1/40 on frog blowups. ??? Can't really explain that one haha. At least I did everything right on one occasion.

Have fooled around with swimbaits quite a bit. Nothing very memorable, but it has been nice to to get the confidence up with a variety of baits.

I didn't think I would have the opportunity for big 'eyes until October but have found a few decent fish roaming the shallows. 2 MA 'eyes with this one going 28.

I also was able to perform the best stiff arm of my career on this pike. :) Not a very big fish, maybe 32-33 inches.

Hasn't been too bad of a start, and I am hoping it only improves as the lakes cool down. Not planning on going back to work until mid December so hopefully this fall will produce some monsters!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Getting it done ,as usual! :thumb:

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Great post King!!! Helluva nice time there!!!

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Very cool! That tiger is a sexy mofo

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Nice post, man. Great job on the tiger. I too have been stalking some tiger haunts, with nothing of note to show for it. I'm even more impressed that you worked it out from shore.

Love the reports, always some impressive fish in them. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Nice fish(s) sir!
Glad your back in fishin action and posting some nice reports!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts