Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my kind of ice-fishing Fordo! 61 F no gloves.

Bro and I wanted to do some hiking/ fishing and this was just the place. Caught more perch today than I have in 2 years. Most were 7-8" managed several in the 9" range though. Got 1 browny @ 15" on a gold kasty. Got some solid walking in with the packs on. Gorgeous freekin' day no wind to speak of till 2PM or so. Ice thickness ranged from 9-12 on the lake with 24" at the inlet. Extremely soft ice when leaving at 4PM with large bergs breaking up along the points.

We were the only 2 on the lake.8)

Watched a flailer below the dam put a whoopin' on a 5" brooky!:rolleyes:

The methane pockets were fun. One area was like a minefield with them. We fished thru them and caught lots of perch. Geez didnt even need an auger-:eek:

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Those methane pockets are cool. Looks like it was beautiful day Mister Slayer Crack Pounder Perch Jerker.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Mike, did they fix the bridges? Or did you have to wade.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
All this talk about man juice is gonna get the llama mafia all worked up..

And thanks for the report, nice, accurate..

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike, did they fix the bridges? Or did you have to wade.
The 1st bridge is closed. 2nd one is fine. So you cross the main stem of Poudre on an ice sheet then cross the north fork stem on the 2nd bridge. As soon as the ice melts youll hafta wade it-

·
Registered
803 Posts
The 1st bridge is closed. 2nd one is fine. So you cross the main stem of Poudre on an ice sheet then cross the north fork stem on the 2nd bridge. As soon as the ice melts youll hafta wade it-

Thank you.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Nice job. I really wish I could have gone but wasn't feeling up to the challenge. Froze my butt off in Wyoming on Saturday. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
**** you, slayer! I was up there yesterday fishing open water and skunked. I had my sled and everything. I hate you so much.

This is a joke. Wish I could go back in time.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice report Slayer. I thought about going that day but wasn't feeling up to it. That ice has always been creepy. Nice that the perch have come back. No bullheads I guess.

s

1 - 20 of 20 Posts