Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone in Colorado, Im Steven from Texas.
I work for a nonprofit dog rescue in San Antonio called Tracys Dogs. The owners asked me to come up with new ideas on how to improve our facility and everything else. Our mission; to rescue dogs that have been neglected, abused, returned, and dogs waiting to be euthanized all over South Tx. Once we rescue the dogs we bring them to our facility where we spay/ neuter them. Get them healthy and 100% checked by our Vet. Then we also show the dogs how people really do care about them and socialize them with other dogs. During their stay with us (usually 4-6 weeks) we post pics on petfinder and facebook and youtube. We look for their new homes in the Northern states. We are coming to Glendale CO on May 24th at the PetSmart.

So my new idea I brought to them included my dad, my love for fishing and dogs. I lost my dad 8 years ago in a car accident. 2 days before he died we were fishing, and I didn't realize till the memorial service that not only did I lose my dad, I also lost my fishing buddy. 8 years later I still fish but have no fishing buddy. That's when I came up with the idea of taking our bigger dogs and turning them into Man's Best Fishing Buddy. Our goal is to bring in dog trainers and train our bigger dogs to be fishing and or outdoors buddies.

We know our small dogs and puppies get adopted very fast and this would be a great way for us to try and rescue and adopt out more big dogs as well. If this is a hit for us and for Colorado, we would love to be able to donate 1 dog a month to a disabled veteran or a retired Veteran, one who loves fishing and loves dogs.

So I ask yall Colorado.... what do yall think about this? Help us save more bigger dogs!

To learn more about who we are please go to tracysdogs.com or find us on facebook under Tracysdogs

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
A friend of mine had a fishing cat one time. When we would catch a fish, we would put it on the dock, the cat would bite its head, puncturing its brain, then sit and wait. Ed (our friend) would take the fish, filet it, and give Blue (the cat) the remains.

That cat killed more crappie than rotenone.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
What Opry99er

Two posts to hijack a thread.
Any means to save animals is a good thing. ;D

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Not a hijack, man! A suggestion for the dog trainers. :). Also to reiterate the OP's point that animals make excellent fishing buddies.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my next idea is to start a charity "Tracys Dogs Doggies Deployed" I have been given the green light on this and I know this will be hard to accomplish but I'm ready for the challenge. What this charity would be is to train puppies, small dogs and large dogs to be later given to military kids who have lost a parent to war. Dogs have a special way of helping someone cope with anything. Here in San Antonio we our a military city and love the service our military does for everyone.

·
P I K E
10,111 Posts
Excellent ideas there Tex...KUDOS to you and your organization for your helping the military families and for trying to save a dogs life!!! My wife and I adopted our dog through a rescue organization and she is great!!! Thank you for your efforts!!!

Opry...your friends cat should have been used for pike bait like all other cats!!! :biggrin1: >:D :biggrin1:

·
Registered
3 Posts
BS man my cats love to fish with me on my boat... Just try feeding one of my cats to the pike!

Great idea with the adult dogs!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I am...

I really hope that you are joking about abusing cats or any animal for that matter. I can not stand by and watch some one mistreating children, women, pets...

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
LoL... Tony uses women, children, AND pets on the same tip up during ice season... Its how he catches so many badass pike... I hear ducks work well for Tiger Muskie too...

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Heck I know people that use objects like women!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts