Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I was wondering if anyone has a map of lonetree. I have been thinking of making one but not sure of depths. Just thought to ask if anyone has put one together I could use as a templet with some ideas of depth.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I've mapped a lot of it. Not much out there. If you guess what the bottom is, you'd probably be right. VERY Little structure.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use google earth. I just thought if somone had mapped it already and wouldn't mind sharing the map it might save some time.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Andy was totally spot on there. He already told you all you need to know about the contours. They don't exist.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Its all gentle sloping. Steeper by the outlet. Theres a point north of the boat ramp, its runs out a little bit, but super gentle flowing into the bottom of a bowl. Theres a trough on the north shore, it runs out 25 yards, about 1 foot higher than the surrounding bowl. Its pretty featureless man. Just like Union.

What is your goal, what fish you trying to find, maybe we can help you another way? Structure isn't the ticket out there....

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
I found one tiny little hump inthe NW area. Unfortunately all I have ever picked off it is little LMBs. lol.

Sometimes the eyes act like basses there. Sometimes. ;)

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Its all gentle sloping. Steeper by the outlet. Theres a point north of the boat ramp, its runs out a little bit, but super gentle flowing into the bottom of a bowl. Theres a trough on the north shore, it runs out 25 yards, about 1 foot higher than the surrounding bowl. Its pretty featureless man. Just like Union.

What is your goal, what fish you trying to find, maybe we can help you another way? Structure isn't the ticket out there....
Structure is.... You just gotta find it. Lol.

I heard people having good luck on the south end before.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive fishied it alot over the last 10 years. I was just trying to find out what others have as far as maping it. I've fished crappies and bass even won 2 touneys out there for bass. I was hoping to ice fish it a little more this winter and try for the eyes. I 've only been out there once last year and didn't even mark a fish. Might be better off just going to the other lakes we ice fish...

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Thank set Thats what I was kind looking for. Unfortunatly My Lowrances are older models or not HDI. So the search goes on..lol
Got a friend with one? If so, download to his/hers, fire it up and navigate around the lake on the map copying down GPS data...or buy a compatible unit. They are not all that expensive and can be used for ice and open water fishing.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
The Elite 5 HDI is very reasonable. I thought about selling my riding mower to buy one. I won't be needing it for 3-4 months anyway. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well i would but i already have 3 units. 2 lms520c and one elite 5. I'd have to sell two of them to upgrade and if I were to do that both my boys wouldn't have thier own finders so they would take over mine leaving me without one...lol They like using them...they think its like a video game....which is great cuz there never in front of thier xbox then....lol

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Well i would but i already have 3 units. 2 lms520c and one elite 5. I'd have to sell two of them to upgrade and if I were to do that both my boys wouldn't have thier own finders so they would take over mine leaving me without one...lol They like using them...they think its like a video game....which is great cuz there never in front of thier xbox then....lol
Insight will run on an Elite 5, unless it is "X" only.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts