Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a marcum showdown 5.6 and the arm for the transducer is made out of plastic. I have concerns that will break after I use it more and more. Is there aftermarket arms available?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
There isn't an aftermarket one that I know of. And it will break, mine has broke 3 times. Every time it has broke I just call Marcum and they have sent me a new one no questions asked! I dont use the arm anymore, I baught a tranducer float from Cabelas and float it in the hole like a vex.

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
better to just buy a Vex...junk that Marcum!!! ::):biggrin1:

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
Whats wrong? Does your Vex get over powered by to many Marcums? :biggrin1:
only in a crowd of thugs(Marcum) playing the Knockout game against the innocent victim(Vex)!!! :-* :p

·
Registered
936 Posts
if you look on iceshanty.com you will find a member that sells aluminum arms in different colors. You are many other people that share your concern.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I've had my Showdown, non 5.6 since 2006 or so, never broke an arm. Lost the stopper in 150fow once, called them, they sent another. If you treat it nice you shouldn't have any issues. My LX9 has the same style plastic arm, so they must not have seen a need to do anything different. If they were going broke send new plastic arms out, they might have changed the design.

·
Registered
460 Posts
the Marcum product is cool. the arm does look cheap but like the other guy said there is a guy in the Midwest that makes custom arms for all flasher about 20 bucks and he can make all kinds of color.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
So call Marcum a couple of times ahead of time and get a spare or two...obviously they know the part is a POS if they ship them no questions asked...and plan on breakage...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
So call Marcum a couple of times ahead of time and get a spare or two...obviously they know the part is a POS if they ship them no questions asked...and plan on breakage...
Or just don't use the arm and get a float! Works better for jumping from hole to hole or having to pull your transducer out for a big fish anyways!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Just wanted to share Marcum customer service experience. Sent in lx7 to upgrade to lx9. They sent me brand spanking new lx9 and a free panner no charge, received today! Panner retails for $49.99. Tthepikster Marcum > Vex lol.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Damn, that's some good customer service, there!!!
You have to try harder when you are in 3rd place behind Vexilar and Lowrance...

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Just wanted to share Marcum customer service experience. Sent in lx7 to upgrade to lx9. They sent me brand spanking new lx9 and a free panner no charge, received today! Panner retails for $49.99. Tthepikster Marcum > Vex lol.
I wasn't sure if I should go with the LX7 or 9. My wife got me the 9 for Xmas, glad she did. I don't always use a camera, but when I do, I like the LX9.

Does it have the newest firmware on it? It allows for pre-recording and one button recording as well as some refinements to camera control and other things as well.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
You have to try harder when you are in 3rd place behind Vexilar and Lowrance...

Lol right. Vex can suck a nut. Once you go Marcum you don't go back. I like my X67c, but lately I've been taking the showdown and the LX9 leaving the X67c at home. Glad I don't own a vex, I'd use it as a wheel chock for the boat.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Lol right. Vex can suck a nut. Once you go Marcum you don't go back. I like my X67c, but lately I've been taking the showdown and the LX9 leaving the X67c at home. Glad I don't own a vex, I'd use it as a wheel chock for the boat.
LOL!...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts