Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am re-doing the floor in my pontoon boat. Does anybody know where to get marine grade plywood? Also where is a good place to order seats from?

·
Registered
67 Posts
HCF,

How many seats are you looking for? I have two spare seats with bases from my Deep-V. Single seats in a marine green color. Cheap.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure exactly everythign i am looking for. I will think of a layout once i get the floor done. How much are you wanting for those seats and what size are they?

·
Registered
16 Posts
JCWitney.com has som pretty good prices on seat's, as well as other boating items. Plywood, not sure. Was thinking of re-doing my boat as well.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After looking at the different types of marine grade plywood, i cant decide which to use. Has anybody bought and used the wood? if so how well does it work adn hold up to everyday use?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now that i have decided on flooring, it is time for carpet. I know someone has bought carpet recently. I need some cheap long lasting carpet. Covering a 24' pontoon boat isn't cheap.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the site. It will be a big help in redoing our boat. I havent found any good sites yet. I will let y'all know if i do though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
we covered our pontoon boat using outdoor grade carpet, 5 years ago still great shape. bought it at home depot, they grey one is what we bought, but they have blue, sand and green.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So we finally found the wood we are using. It's Brazilian Redwood. After it is stained it will be a lighter color than cherry. The wood has a 30 year shelf life and more if it is protected correctly. We are putting a 1/8 inch gap inbetween the boards and building the bottom like a deck. This will allow the boat to flex some and not stress the wood as much. We are buying carpet and making runners. That way when we arent using the boat we can store the carpet in a dry place. I will try to take pictures when we are done.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So the brazilian redwood is gone from the store adn it costs a fortune to order it. so we decided to weld on aluminum sheets and just glue carpet to them. then we wont ever have ot worry about it...when teh carpet goes bad just scrap it off and replace it. also if it gets dented or messed up we can reapir it easily.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Just remember you may have to weld more support for the floor if you do that. Have you looked hard online for wood? I was gunna build a pontoon and there were like 4 or 5 great choices to choose from out there, lol want to say it was like they were soaked in somthing like formaldehyde for wood.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts