Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the water about 1 PM. Lake was recently stocked with Trout.
We had some fun paddling the canoe while trolling various lures. My four year old was getting a work out cranking the fish in. We caught and released about 9 Trout. A white Husky Jerk or a White Mister Twister got good bites.
I tried some larger lures hoping for a Bass or Pike. No luck. Rainbow colored lures did not produce for us.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
all boats are allowed there, in the summer the skiers kindof take over martin lake,there are some coves you can go to, horseshoe lake is better as they only allow wakeless boating. both these lakes fished really tough for us last year. these lakes have tons of suckers if you want to try and catch those. lots of stocker trout also, i guess to feed the pike and the muskies. and if you do latch onto a bass, chances are it's gonna be a good one. they also close horseshoe lake to boating in the fall for some reason so i don't know if it is open to boating yet or not.  if anyone wants to go up there, pm me and i'll give you the name and number of the hotel right by the lake.  thats where we always stay. takes like 2 minutes to get to the lake from there.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Martin is a good lake but the ski doo/water skiing gets downright crazy once the water warms. Good early season lake though. Lots of pike.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
we've never caught big pike there, caught some walleyes, and some largemouth and smallmouth bass (martin) it does get crazy there in the summer as it's not a very big lake. horseshoe never seems to have a ton of pressure though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts