Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to maryws lake in estes park, got there for an awesome sunrise, fished with powerbait while i was throwing a kasty, nothing all day, moved around and tried everything, still pretty up there, this is the first time ive been there in a few years, but alst time my dad and i caught like 4 bows in an hour, dunno whats up

any tips?

also, what all lives in that lkake, i hear rumor of macks..

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
a few years back i caught a 12lb mack at marys lake ....we were catching rainbows and i got bored so i but on a big cast master and was wingin it as far as i could and then letting it sink ...the mack hit in on the drop . it was a hell of a good fight but as soon as my buddy seen how big it was he jumped in trying to grab my line . so i was fighting the fish and trying to keep my buddys hands off the line at the same time . I think the picture is still there at the marys lake campground .

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Believe it or not the Macks come from Grand Lake through the pipes. All the old timers are out fishing it every time they drain it down. Most of them have stories of Kokanee they've caught there. My buddy caught a Lake Trout earlier this year off power-bait. Every once in a while, I'll land fat 18 inch Rainbows or nice sized brookies, but mostly this year, it's been stocker Bows. I've had the best luck latlely off worms (dug from there), fly and bobble (early or late), Thomas Boyant (pink & green in a perch design), Tasmaniain Devils (pink & blue), and Super Dupers (white w/ a reflective strip). All lures in a 1/4 once size. I usually fish it in the lot on the lake, just below where the power lines go across it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts