Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the qualifying legth for a Master Angler Cuttbow. I looked on the d.o.w. website and it doesnt have anything on there for cuttbows. Do you go buy the cutthroat size or rainbow?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I dont think the CDOW recognizes cutbows as a record species, they dont have a state record cutbow and its not a listed species on the master angler list.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats not cool if you can recieve a master angler award for a bluegill and carp you should be able to for a cuttbow.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey fishinguitars...

I have a copy of the 2005 Fishing Guide which is a special edition of Colorado Outdoors magazine. It's published by the Colorado Department of Natural Resources, Division of Wildlife.

On page 39, there's a piece called, "A Riot of Rainbows". It contains all the catagories and number of submissions of the Master Angler Awards program for 2004.

Under the "Cutthroat Trout" catagory, it reads...

"Cutthroat trout, or cuttbows that look a lot like cutthroat trout, are put in this catagory. Snake River cutthroat that live in Spinney Mountain Reservoir or Elevenmile Reservoir are usually the biggest. A total of 21 fish were caught, 20-30 inches in length, with 9 being kept and 12 released."

I'm not sure how to interpret that paragraph because all the cuttbows I've seen resemble a rainbow more than a cutthroat. Perhaps a quick call or Email to the DOW would clear it up for us. I'm sure your fish will qualify in one or the other catagory.

Heck, if it doesn't... I'll make a patch for you myself, complete with 3-D pictures of Hooter girls holding your fish and a recordable sound chip that plays White Lion's, "More Human than Human!"

;D

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Doesnt White Lion sing when the childern cry and White Zombie sing More human then human?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Whoops... my bad. White Zombie it is.

...of course, it could've been worse. I could've said "Golden Girls" instead of "Hooter Girls".

:p

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bee aurther wasn't bad....what did I say that outloud. to much time on the water. hahahahahahh

·
Registered
144 Posts
Naaah! There's no such thing as too much time on the water!

(Until Bea Arthur turns into Aunt Bee)

D'OH! ;D

Seriously, I'm still curious as to which catagory a cuttbow belongs under for a Master Angler patch. (For rainbows it's 24 inches and for cuttthroats it's 20 inches I believe.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts