Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got into some really nice trout recently on the Colorado River. Insane day landing big Rainbow Trout, Cutbow, and some nice browns, including a 22" Master Angler I got out of a nice looking pool. Hope you guys enjoy the video! Pictures of course too!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice brown! (y)

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Thanks man! Good timing to get that since it was sort of a tip/technique video lol.
To be honest, I don't really watch videos posted on these Colorado forums... Takes too much time. But that's a bigger brown trout than I have ever caught.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be honest, I don't really watch videos posted on these Colorado forums... Takes too much time. But that's a bigger brown trout than I have ever caught.
No worries, that's why I do pictures too and type up a small report most of the time. Too bad the COVID is still going around, I'd say to travel up here to the mountains. Mid elevation lakes and rivers are really active right now up here.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Very nice Trout! So now you got MA Tiger, Brown, and Rainbow under your belt right? I want an MA Tiger. That, Artic Char, and Lake trout are my missing MA fish for the trout/char species.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice Trout! So now you got MA Tiger, Brown, and Rainbow under your belt right? I want an MA Tiger. That, Artic Char, and Lake trout are my missing MA fish for the trout/char species.
Thanks man! I've been searching for this guy for so long now lol!! I have the MA: Tiger, Brown, Rainbow, Snake River Cutthroat, and Colorado Cutthroat! Hoping for the MA Cutbow, Brookie, and maybe Laker when Ice season rolls around again! Hoping to get a few more MA tigers too this year haha. Arctic Char would be a cool one, I was thinking Grayling would be cool too. I found some new spots that have them on the Mesa, can't wait to get after them!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thanks man! I've been searching for this guy for so long now lol!! I have the MA: Tiger, Brown, Rainbow, Snake River Cutthroat, and Colorado Cutthroat! Hoping for the MA Cutbow, Brookie, and maybe Laker when Ice season rolls around again! Hoping to get a few more MA tigers too this year haha. Arctic Char would be a cool one, I was thinking Grayling would be cool too. I found some new spots that have them on the Mesa, can't wait to get after them!!
Grayling are awesome! Such a cool looking fish. I have caught a couple MA Grayling. Might be kinda far for you guys, but Crosho lake near Yampa used to have rather large Grayling and some decent sized Cutthroat as well.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Grayling are awesome! Such a cool looking fish. I have caught a couple MA Grayling. Might be kinda far for you guys, but Crosho lake near Yampa used to have rather large Grayling and some decent sized Cutthroat as well.
I'm really pumped to get into some! Hoping that the deep mesa lake theory for big trout in my proves true for the Grayling too. Nothing will be too far for us once this COVID goes away, one of our channel goals is to hit every Lake/River in Colorado, needless to say; we have a long time to go before our channel runs out of content lol.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Nice. The two biggest browns I’ve gotten into cane on jerkbaits when I was targeting other species

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice. The two biggest browns I’ve gotten into cane on jerkbaits when I was targeting other species
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WOW! Those are awesome browns man!! I think jerkfishing or just cranking is such a good way to catch trout, when you have the right lure!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
WOW! Those are awesome browns man!! I think jerkfishing or just cranking is such a good way to catch trout, when you have the right lure!
Fishing with jerkbaits is fun when fish are willing to go for an aggressive presentation because they will hit the bait hard under those conditions. Trout are usually pretty aggressive when hitting a jerkbait. Wipers and white bass on jerkbaits are an absolute blast.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts