Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught my first bass ever this morning about 8.15 at Sawhill Pond #1, fishing right off the pier. Water was incredibly clear, lots of fish traffic, especially bluegills. This 8" bad boy liked my Pistol Pete....

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Regardless of size, your 1st whatever species will always be memorable!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
So far I have only tried for trout -- gotta try fly fishing for bass sometime, but I'm not sure what type of fly to use. You say you had a Pistol Pete? That works well on trout . . .

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
to get to Sawhill Ponds (right next to Walden Ponds) take Diagonal Highway 119 to east on Jay Road. From Jay Road turn south on 75th. its northeast of Boulder, the intersection closest to it is Valmont/75th.

i used to fish this area a lot as a kid, its a handful of gravel pit ponds. lots of bass, bluegill, some crappie, and if you are a carp guy..youre in luck, theres plenty of them there also.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dan said:
I bet it was fun getting it on a fly!  Was that a fly and bubble or on a fly rod?

Dan
Bubble and Fly, Dan. I guess I'm a bit backwards to some, in that I started fly fishing last year, and just got into spin tackle this year. I love both kinds of fishing. I'm finding it easier to catch bluegills on fly tackle than spinning gear, but I am strictly a beginner at both. Thanks for all your kind words, gents.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Congradulations on your first bass, especially first one ever I was all happy when I caught my first bass of the year last week.
Did she put up a good fight for ya?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts