Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The welded hull on my 2002 Monark has never leaked.
Recently I was getting water when pulling the bilge plug while prepping for travel/inspection.
I couldn't figure out why this started. I put a plug in the drain hole for the live wells and of course the bilge plug. Still got water but this told me it had to be coming in from the live well pump because it's the only direct path through the hull for water intake and I felt the hull wasn't leaking.
The o'ring on the live well pump cartridge had deteriorated and the water coming in the intake for the live well would leak past the bad o'ring even though the pump was never run. Water in the bilge.

I couldn't find an o'ring on Johnsons site.

New pump, 500 gpm, $19, 750 gpm $30 on Amazon.

I found this,
The O-Ring Store: theoringstore.com

This o'ring; E70224, -224 E70 EPDM FDA O-ring 70 Duro will fit the 500 and 750 gpm pumps.
$8 dollars for 8 o'rings with shipping. You can buy less than 8. 16 cents each.

Link http://www.theoringstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=367_150_153&products_id=6616

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Harbor Freight has O ring kits of various sizes. They also have kits of stainless steel nuts and bolts.
ACE hardware probably has what you need.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Harbor Freight has O ring kits of various sizes. They also have kits of stainless steel nuts and bolts.
ACE hardware probably has what you need.
Ace is the first place I looked. Didn't have it and what they did was more than 16 cents each.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
x2 on the HF o-ring kits. They have a few so you can choose which rubber material is right for your application. Collect 'em all! ;D

·
Registered
16,632 Posts
HF is ok sometimes but they are CHEAP chinese stuff. I would not trust their O-rings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts