Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Mckay for the first time friday and had no luck at all. The birds were out and I saw two coyotes but there were no Bass at all. Has anybody had luck there this year? There did not seem to be any structure or weeds or dropoffs it was just flat mud bottom.
The other question I had was the carp were jumping big time, big two or three foot carp jumping for I assume flies. Any idea what to catch these things on if nothing else is biting? I dont bring fly stuff with me usually so any corn balls or whatever the baits are that I can just keep in the tackle box. Thanks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The carp werent jumping for food. This is their spawning season and they jump around like that when they're horny... much like teenagers but that's another story. If you want to catch some of them, use corn, dough baits, or night crawlers on the bottom. Or, do my favorite method, get a bowfishing outfit and shoot them.

·
Registered
382 Posts
i've had great luck with 1.5'' tube jigs in natural colors or smaller grubs in brown or black. carp are opportunists and will pretty much eat whatever you put in front of them if they are feeding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts