Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday arrived at the lake around 3pm and left around 5pm. Me and BIGBASS24 were trying to target some Trout/Bass. We fished the north end but the wind was killing us and kept gettin snagged, the water was very shallow. So headed to the inlet? and seen lots of movment in the water so tried jigging Road Runners and Kastys of the bottom ended up with 4 decent size Crappies 10-12inchs all caught and released. I think the water is a little to cold for bass.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I am trying to find out when the Colo Wildlife will stock McKay. The City of Westminster didn't know. You can use a belly boat on Mckay.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
i fished the inlet for a few minutes , saw tons of dead small crappie , caught one small crappie on a crappie stinger , the lake is shallow

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
McKay Lake is located on 144th and Zuni make sure you only use artificial lures and flies the rangers can be really strict. The Crappies we caught werent very fat nor skinny about average and not sure if water runs into it but looks like the inlet is to let water out. Yes the lake was very shallow kinda hard to keep your lure from gettin snagged was that you _kokaneeking_ fishing the south end?

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
CO. FishingMan said:
but looks like the inlet is to let water out.
Ah I see.. It would then be called the outlet  :p

Nice to hear you guys caught something decent out of there. I used to live in Broomfield and loved going there for some nice channel catfish and the occasional bullfrog. Try to get some pics for us to see next time if you can, fellas.

Thanks for reporting,
1eyeReD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts