Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Im new to the forum, just wanted to start by saying Hello. Im just getting back into fishing after being away for many years. Im mainly exploring for lakes and ponds in the NW metro are, ie Westminster, Arvada, and Broomfield. Ive done reading around on the forums and have looked through the book "Fishing Close to Home". I was thinking about heading out to hit up the Tom Frost resv. and maybe throw some casts into McKay lake. Ive seen some older post(5-7 years ago) and was just wondering if anyone has hit these lakes in the more recent past. Im not looking got any wall hangers or trophy mounts, just somewhere to go and get decent action for some C&R fishing. Thanks!

·
Registered
570 Posts
I live by McKay lake and it does have a good population of carp, bass and crappie. Make sure to read pg. 21 in fishing regulations concerning bait being prohibited. I never fish it but I would try small rapalas, berkely power minnows on a 3/8 oz. white jig head or flys. There are a lot of snags and you will loose a lot of gear. I saw a carp beach itself on the concrete rip rap this morning chasing something for breakfast...pretty funny!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts