Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went back to the fork with a buddy. fishing was a pinch tougher, but we managed to find em by moving around. caught 20, plus 4 rainbows. kept our limit and bounced out. fish were caught on the usual ****, 2-3 inch tubejigs tipped with dead shiners. most fish caught were fish suspended in the water column. biggest was 22 inches.

with that, aside from fishing tomorrow... I'm off to oklahoma for a week. I hope to fill a cooler with some slabs. when I get back I'll be hitting the mountains hard, either open water or ice. I love springtime in the rockies.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice slaughter! I haven't been to the Fork at all this winter.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not too late, linh... That ice is still plenty safe and will be for another month.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Where you going to fish in Oklahoma? I wish we had decent Crappie fishing here like they have in Kansas and Oklahoma!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Nice job man, looks like it was a killer outing. But if your going to title your post "Meat", The way I see it you are obligated to post some real meat pics like a Plate O' Fillets or something. What you have there is just a death pic, and because of the title of your post, you are lacking an obligatory Meat pic.
Right Slayer?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Steve,
I noticed granby has been real slow also lately. Do you suppose the fish still think its February. Normally late ice produces far greater numbers. Hopefully it picks up before all the ice is gone.

·
Registered
16,691 Posts
Nice job man, looks like it was a killer outing. But if your going to title your post "Meat", The way I see it you are obligated to post some real meat pics like a Plate O' Fillets or something. What you have there is just a death pic, and because of the title of your post, you are lacking an obligatory Meat pic.
Right Slayer?
I concur-

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Steve,
I noticed granby has been real slow also lately. Do you suppose the fish still think its February. Normally late ice produces far greater numbers. Hopefully it picks up before all the ice is gone.
Because the lake is about 20 feet higher than last year, it's a different lake now.

I might hit it up again this April... Not because the fishing is good but because I need fat cats in my life.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts