Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Ah Thanks, but that's just meat in a bag, or should we say "bag O meat"

Were are the "plate O filets" like this one I recently came across on another forum?

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Walleyes are different than those luscious bobos. I cut the fillets into pieces for frying.

Pieces and chunks aren't very photogenic.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Fordo asks to see Mike's meat and Mike obliges and whips it out!...all is in balance on the forum!!...

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
anybody like Italian sausage? :madgrin:

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Meat City! Bohunk Gay forums' got nothing on this place!

·
Registered
43 Posts
do yall eat the pinbones or take em out? is there an easy way to do so besides pickin em all out? I usually just eat em instead of going through the hassle, after fryin them they are pretty soft

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Bohunk man haven't herd that one since my grandma passed. Thought it was just a Slavic thing, wasn't aware the Pollocks use it too.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
do yall eat the pinbones or take em out? is there an easy way to do so besides pickin em all out? I usually just eat em instead of going through the hassle, after fryin them they are pretty soft
Man, don't eat pinbones! You'll get one caught in your throat sooner or later and it's unpleasant. :p (Eat a piece of bread to wash it down and usually that will take care of it). But if your wife/girlfriend gets a pinbone caught even once then she won't want to eat any fish you catch ever again! :eek: All you have to do is cut them out. Yeah you do throw away some meat but if your catch is decent you'll have plenty and won't miss the little bit you throw away. Just get in the habit of fileting your fish completely including pinbones and no probs. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
if its not a slab bigger than 18" the pin bones usually cook away. On a larger filet run your finger across the top of the filet from front to back, you will feel the bones as you pull against the grain. just cut a strip and and slice them out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts