Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if anyone knows a mechanic or gear head that would look at an 79 evenrude engine its starts and runs most of the times but we seem to be missing a couple of cyclinders we replaced the spark plugs and ran it at pueblo and it ran like a mad man ten days later we go to eleven mile and it ran like crap just need someone to check it out and let us know whats wrong willing to compensate for any work done thanks and let me know

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would suggest Al West of off Nevada Ave. (just North of Austin Bluffs/GoG). I have a '63 Ev that I got from there and they have good turn around and knowledge. Two-strokes aren't too difficult once you get to understand them so it might even be worthwhile to get the manual straight from them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
you need a different pitched prop for different elevations...i use 15 pitched prop for pueblo and a 13pitch for eleven-mile.

hope this helps

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info but i tried all the boat shops here and even called the the one in pueblo by the marina but they all said no they keep referring me to some kevin blackstone or something like that but everyones # for him is old... i have heard about prop pitch before and also someone told me the altitude plays a part too but i know for sure it is an engine malfunction somewhere if its the gaps on the plugs or something like that..... maybe someone will know who else to call thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts