Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carmelo Anthony at Denver media dayEmail Print Comments Associated Press

DENVER -- Carmelo Anthony arrived at media day Monday wearing a Denver Nuggets jersey.

For how much longer the All-Star forward will wear that white, powder blue and gold uniform, though, remains unknown.

The Nuggets have been engaging in talks with teams interested in acquiring Anthony. A potential megadeal with New Jersey hit a snag over the weekend, putting the Nuggets and Anthony in the awkward position of being together on the eve of training camp.

The Nuggets' new management team of Masai Ujiri and Josh Kroenke began entertaining offers for their superstar after he declined to sign a three-year, $65 million extension that's been on the table since June.

Earlier Monday, J.R. Smith posted "He back!" on Twitter, along with a picture of Anthony.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Deuceu72 said:
HookNLine said:
"I've never said I wanted to be traded. I never once said anything about trade talk."
He never did say he wanted to be traded. His management team said it for him.
The fact that he refused to sign a league maximum contract before the collective bargaining agreement expires and he put his house up for sale, said it for him!

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
This says it all. The nuggets have obviously pulled all marketing with Melo attached to it. If you go to their website, nowhere is there news on the homepage about Melo. They feature Chauncey in most of their marketing campaigns. Even the headlines surround Birdman and Kobe Karl of all people... The nuggets, all though vocal about keeping him even this late into the game, have already tossed in the towel it would seem.

http://www.nba.com/nuggets/

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Man...........I dont know what the Nugs are waiting for..........2 # 1's AND Derrick Favors( who a lot of scouts are comparing to Tim Duncan)...........

What's the holdup here??

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
longdraw said:
Holdup is the Nets won't do it unless Melo agrees to an extention...
I heard they (melo's camp) already said it's done that he'd sign the extension. It's in the nuggets court now (no pun intended) and all they gotta do is pull the trigger.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
HookNLine said:
Yea i think the hold up is the nuggets. They want melo the change his mind.

Melo please stay, you are are only hope!!!! lol
The holdup is the Nugs front office wanting to convince him to stay. And Melo isnt our only hope. If he was, we wouldve won the championship already. We dont need him to win..........we need new young talent and big men............we can get both if we trade him.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol i was half joking. Im not big on melo he is a great scorer, but lazy on d. I just hope we get better with the deal, 3 number 1s is great but they have to be great picks. Plenty of draft picks never pan out.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
HookNLine said:
Lol i was half joking. Im not big on melo he is a great scorer, but lazy on d. I just hope we get better with the deal, 3 number 1s is great but they have to be great picks. Plenty of draft picks never pan out.
Yessir! Sounds like we are on the same page. Couldnt agree with you more. Lets hope Josh McDaniels doesnt draft for the Nuggets! ;D ;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts