Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So........The N.J. Nets made a 3 way trade this morning with the Rockets and the Lakers. N.J. aquired 2 more 1st round draft picks. They now have a total of 5 over the next 2 years. There is speculation that they are ready to deal for Melo.

Thoughts?

The offer would be, Derrick Favors( #3 overall pick in this years draft), Troy Murphy, and 2 1st rounders.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
They wouldn't get any better. The key is melo signing on the dotted line and getting his extension. The ability to make 22M plus for 3 years when a hard salary cap at around 35 - 40 M per year will cripple the nets over the next several years. I hope he signs and they trade him.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was in the Denver post this morning............

The Nuggets' Carmelo Anthony hooks elbows with Orlando's Rashard Lewis on Tuesday night. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)The postgame commotion Tuesday night had a something's-going-down feel to it.

After the news conferences, Nuggets executives Masai Ujiri and Josh Kroenke bounced from room to room in the bowels of the Pepsi Center searching for their star player. Carmelo Anthony emerged from an interview room with NBATV, and the trio disappeared into the Nuggets' training room.

"Y'all have something to tell me?" Anthony yelled, smiling all the while.

When the three emerged from the training room, Anthony continued to grin from ear to ear.

"You going to be here Thursday?" Anthony was asked.

"C'mon, man," said Nuggets star forward, who then was whisked away into another room that led him to his wife, La La, and son,

Kiyan. He left the arena soon thereafter

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Mrwigglestheworm said:
hobiecat said:
JR may be heading to Chicago....Chauncey on the block...
Hadn't heard that about Chauncey... Would be lame to get rid of him now.
I like Chauncey, but he needs to be coming off the bench...A lot of money for a bench player...

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
I really hope they deal melo. Badly. Hope they get some good 1st rd picks and a good player or two. That would be awesome. Melo is gone after this season anyways. Get something for him.

Really hoping new jersey too instead of NY because the NJ 1st rounders would be better than 1st rounders from NY. With the cap room we would get from melo gone + kmart gone, etc etc, then the nugs would be able to afford some top picks and maybe a good free agent.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
I really hope they deal melo. Badly. Hope they get some good 1st rd picks and a good player or two. That would be awesome. Melo is gone after this season anyways. Get something for him.

Really hoping new jersey too instead of NY because the NJ 1st rounders would be better than 1st rounders from NY. With the cap room we would get from melo gone + kmart gone, etc etc, then the nugs would be able to afford some top picks and maybe a good free agent.
The picks from New Jersey would be the Lakers 2011 first and the Rockets 2012 first. New Jersey's own first is top ten protected...So, we're looking at a very late first in 2011 and a middle of the road pick in 2012.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Oyey said:
I love the offer from NJ... I hope he is gone soon.
Love your b-ball knowledge and insight. Please tell me what you love about it?

I'm being serious too. Seems to me like a whole bunch of late round draft picks are kinda worthless in the NBA...

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Mrwigglestheworm said:
Oyey said:
I love the offer from NJ... I hope he is gone soon.
Love your b-ball knowledge and insight. Please tell me what you love about it?

I'm being serious too. Seems to me like a whole bunch of late round draft picks are kinda worthless in the NBA...
What I like is the potential of the trade.

We get two draft pics which is fine... no guarantee, but there could be a gem to be had.

Next we get Favors who I like... He is a good coachable player who has the potential to be an impact player.

But what I like most is the comprable value of the trade when put up against what else is out there. This is what I mean..

The teams that have been in the talks include NY, NJ and Charloette of late...

There is not a single player I want from NY or Charloette or NY that they would consider trading. I don't want a proven loser or worse yet an overpaid underachiever.

We're gonna get draft pics, so we may as well take two from the worst team (hopefully we wont get LA's pics)...

I like the potential and think it is better than any other deal that has been mentioned... IF WE COULD ONLY GET BROOK LOPEZ I would be in the clouds!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts