Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Re: Melo to NJ for 5 1st Rd Draft Picks, Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy & Nicolas Batum

That would be awesome.... aint happinin. We will be lucky to get two pics and Favors. I love the idea of Favors in Denver... I would take him straight across at this point.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Re: Melo to NJ for 5 1st Rd Draft Picks, Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy & Nicolas Batum

Front office's weed problem is going to put the Nugs right in the $hitter.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts

I feel like every article about Melo focuses on totally irrelevent information. Point in case - The final few sentences of this article read:

" The Knicks have salary-cap space to sign him as a free agent this summer, but that could cost him millions in future earnings once a new collective bargaining agreement is reached between the owners and players.

One way or another, Anthony will be traded before the Feb. 24 deadline and will sign an extension with his new team."

To me, none of these talks and postulations matter whatsoever due to the "minor details" that rest at the very end of the article seen above.

Can anyone tell me WHY MELO WOULD AGREE TO A SIGN AND TRADE THAT WILL BENEFIT THE NUGGETS AND WHEN HE CAN JUST WAIT TILL HE'S A FA AND GO WHEREVER HE WANTS FOR WHATEVER HE WANTS AND JUST ENTIRELY BENEFIT HIMSELF??

Also, what is it about the new collective bargaining agreement that will cost Melo millions?

·
Registered
11,844 Posts

Well Cam here is the deal...

The CBA will likely lower the salary cap and they are also talking about a possible hard cap... there are also limits on how much one player can make that are being considered. Nothing is done yet, but nearly everyone who is in the know says that salaries will drop as a result.

So that is why it will cost him millions. Right now we have offered him a contract that will be impossible to offer (theory) after the new CBA is reached (if it is reached). Also, a lockout is possible and that will add to the issue.

All that said, it does not mean the mello can't just wait, but if he wants to go to say New York or New Jersey and a deal can be made, then they can pay him the fat salary because he extends his contract before the new CBA....

·
Registered
4,039 Posts

Thank you. You should write for Yahoo Sports :D ::)

So Melo does indeed have some incentive for a sign and trade. I suppose the next logical question is just how many millions the new CBA will potentially take away (I know no one knows this).

Another thing to consider is that we've heard Melo say that it's not about the money for him, so who knows if a sign and trade to grandfather the lofty 65 mil contract even matters to him.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts

TANGLER said:

So Melo does indeed have some incentive for a sign and trade. I suppose the next logical question is just how many millions the new CBA will potentially take away (I know no one knows this).

Another thing to consider is that we've heard Melo say that it's not about the money for him, so who knows if a sign and trade to grandfather the lofty 65 mil contract even matters to him.
Come on now, Doc Tangler...You listen to Rome. What's the rule when a player says "it's not about the money"? :D

·
Registered
4,039 Posts

Mrwigglestheworm said:
TANGLER said:

Come on now, Doc Tangler...You listen to Rome. What's the rule when a player says "it's not about the money"? :D
Haha! Touche, touche.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts