Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like the Melo saga continues! However, now it's the Knicks and Minnesota involved. This sounds more like a trade deal Anthony will accept! Is it a good deal for the Nuggets? OK, just as I wright this, ESPN is also reporting that the Nuggets are in talks with the Lakers? That would not be a good deal! We would receive Andrew Bynum! Here we go again!

Jim

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Crappy trade....but the first rounder from timb would be $$$

Might as well since we ain't gonna get anything for him when he walks...

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Depends upon which pick they send us...They also have Memphis's 2011 first rounder...top 14 protected in 2011..top 12 protected in 2012, top 10 protected in 2013, top 9 protected in 2014 and 2015...May not get to pick until 2016....Or..Utah's 2011 first..top 16 protected in 2011, top 14 protected in 2012, top 12 protected in 2013, and top 9 protected in 2014...or swap for a 2014 second rounder...

Dumping salaries, picking up expiring contracts...looks like we want to go on the cheap and start all over again...hello 11 and 71..

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
We are not going to be as good without Melo there is no doubt about it but we are going to lose him anyway so get the best deal you can.

I would take Bynum for Melo. That's actually a bad trade for the Lakers I think but what do I know. It's not even but the Lakers are giving up Bynum to rent Melo?

Bynum is absolutely huge and when healthy (Yeah I know not very often) he is dominating offensively and very good defensively. He is one of the longest players I have ever seen.

I think that would make the Nuggets a playoff team this year and if they could get a decent offensive player next year they could potentially be better.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
I do not want bynum in a nuggs jersey... when will they learn? I mean, why do you think LA wants to give up their big man? Answer: he sucks and is horribly injury prone (his contract?).

I like that Minn is involved in the NY trade... NY has jack chit that I want on our team.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Well we are kinda forced to trade Mdelo to NY or LA. He will not sign a deal any where else soooooo I think the Nuggets are going to negotiate between those to teams and then pick the deal they like best.

The nuggets are in a tough spot and they simply are not going to get fair value for Melo.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Friggin Nuggets. Should have taken the Nets deal when they had the chance!!!! Now, we are gonna get a bunch of nothing for him. They passed on Favors and 2 1st rounders for this???? Seriously???? That makes no sense to me at all. None.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I agree they were trying to get too much from the Nets but Melo never said he would sign with the nets so that deal may never have gone through anyway.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Deuceu72 said:
Friggin Nuggets. Should have taken the Nets deal when they had the chance!!!! Now, we are gonna get a bunch of nothing for him. They passed on Favors and 2 1st rounders for this???? Seriously???? That makes no sense to me at all. None.
That was not up to the nuggs... mello crushed that deal.

I wouldn't mind that lotto pick and next years!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Oyey said:
Deuceu72 said:

Sorry...........Thats not the story I heard. Melo was willing to talk with them, let them do their sales pitch. The owner got fed up with the Nuggets trying to sweeten the deal. I would have too.

At this point, I really don't care anymore. The sooner he leaves the better. We will never get value for him anyway.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Deuceu72 said:
Oyey said:
Deuceu72 said:

Sorry...........Thats not the story I heard. Melo was willing to talk with them, let them do their sales pitch. The owner got fed up with the Nuggets trying to sweeten the deal. I would have too.

At this point, I really don't care anymore. The sooner he leaves the better. We will never get value for him anyway.
Smartest comment in this thread...

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
Mrwigglestheworm said:
Deuceu72 said:
Oyey said:
Deuceu72 said:

Smartest comment in this thread...
No this would be the smartest...

WHO CARES... :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts