Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Good riddance!!! He is no Kobe!!!! He didn't want to be here any way!

We got alot more than Cleveland got for King D Bag!!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Goodbye! What he did is worse than LeBron...At least he let his town down all at once! Melo will never win it all because, unlike Kobe or Michael, he cannot elevate the play of his team around him. Also, the beyond the fans, the real victim is Chauncey who will not get to finish his career in Denver. Melo will reap as he has sown!

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
What a loser! I'll stack up my life accomplishments against Melo's any day!

One of us won an NCAA championship.

One of us played in the NBA.

One of us has been named an NBA All Pro.

One of us is a multi-millionaire, set for life financially if he doesn't blow it.

One of us has caught a walleye.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Nuggets actualy didn't do bad all things cnosidered. I still would have forced him to resign or go somewhere as a rental for the rest of the year for a first round pick. Wouldn't have gotten that nice pricey extension either. But, no matter how you look at it the Knicks are screwed with the big contracts of Stoudamire and Anthony, they won't be able to pull anybody notable from the 12/13 cfree agent class unless they sign for that mid level exception for a year. But... With the new CBA I'd expect the owners to give smaller market teams a more level playing field. Yeah right, it's the nba. Stern is only worried about the 10 biggest markets. Maybe James was right and contraction is imminent.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Yeppers couldnt of said it better Swannie...

They were talking about how bad Stoudamires knees are this morning on the Fan on the national show...hope you rot in NY!!!...have fun with the rest of the rats!...

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Well, LaLa got what she wanted-NY- and melo got his or will get his money. I believe that if LaLa wasn't involved, melo would be a Net. JMO PK

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
I think we did horrible. We gave up our two best players for some below average players and a 2014 pic? The nicks will win 45+ games in 2014 and that pic will suck...two second rounders from Golden State? meh...

I don't mind Felton, but we really have a good solid point in Lawson... The trade would have been so much better with NJ... Oh well, who cares, I am content with Mello gone... now if we could just trade Karl.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Oyey said:
I think we did horrible. We gave up our two best players for some below average players and a 2014 pic? The nicks will win 45+ games in 2014 and that pic will suck...two second rounders from Golden State? meh...

I don't mind Felton, but we really have a good solid point in Lawson... The trade would have been so much better with NJ... Oh well, who cares, I am content with Mello gone... now if we could just trade Karl.
I agree but ESPN reported that Melo said he wouldnt sign the extension with the Nets. I think the Nuggets did the best they could. We could NOT let Melo go and get nothing in return.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
The Nuggets made the best out of a bad situation.

They are worse right now but that's not the main problem. The main problem is they will not be able to get any bigtime free agent to come here. They have a great supporting cast in place and no superstar.

I am not mad at melo like a lot of nuggets fans are going to be. He has a right to play for who he wants to play for. He wanted to go home. Good luck.

He has less of a chance of winning a championship in NY then he did in Denver though. Look at the Eastern Conference now compared to the Western Conference.

W

·
0 Posts
He could be in for a tough time in NY. They may not have Colorado's leniant laws on marihuana.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
said it before in a thread last year - Melo will NEVER win a championship in the NBA, certainly not as the superstar anchor player.

i clearly don't understand how the East is getting so stacked with these allstar teams and the West is still built the same. Celtics, Heat, now the Knicks. These East teams will beat the hell out of each other come playoffs and the West conf winner will take it all the way.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Wow. The nuggets brass may be the worst in the league if this is true... I like Nene, but not worth an extension.

----
Once they officially revamp their roster with the trade of Carmelo Anthony to the New York Knicks, the Denver Nuggets might be turning the page and focusing on their next moves.

The Nuggets are already pitching a contract extension to Nene, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

With Anthony moved, the Nuggets, according to sources, are focused on either extending Nene before the July 30 deadline or executing a trade closer to the draft.

The Brazilian forward has the right to opt out of his contract at season's end and is poised to walk away from the $11.6 million he's scheduled to make in 2011-12 to become a free agent.

Denver may also be working on a plan to trade newly acquired forward Danilo Gallinari.

League sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher that the Nuggets are not expected to keep Gallinari once the trade, which also involved the Minnesota Timberwolves, is completed.

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reported that the New Jersey Nets might be interested in acquiring the perimeter-shooting forward,but the market for Gallinari might also include the Los Angeles Clippers, Cleveland Cavaliers and Toronto Raptors.

The need for time to move Gallinari is why Denver pulled the trigger on the Anthony deal Monday night, rather than get closer to Thursday's trade deadline to see what else develops, sources said. The Nuggets are not looking to deal Raymond Felton or Wilson Chandler, who were also acquired in the Anthony trade, a league source told Bucher.

-------

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
They need to get rid of nene, he's not helping them.

The three Knicks the Nuggs got are young and good. They are averaging almost 50 ppg and have a lot of different skills.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
FunkMasterSnowshoe said:
They need to get rid of nene, he's not helping them.

The three Knicks the Nuggs got are young and good. They are averaging almost 50 ppg and have a lot of different skills.
x2. Lots of potential. Felton is top 6 in the league in dimes and steals right now. Hopefully they bring some D to the team.

Could have nene play more of a fwd role tho if the russian takes over.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts