Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When are we gonna trade Melo and get this over with. He's uninterested on the court and is just going through to motions. I haven't seen his trademark smile more than a couple times this year..... When Melo has a big smile on his face is when he's playing best and enjoying himself. I really hope we don't have to watch an entire season of this....

I know someones going to bring up his numbers....Well a player of his talent is always going to get numbers, and won't completely tank to get traded. He knows numbers means $$$...

Bring on Favors and an assortment of draft picks. Let the next chapter of Nuggets basketball start.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
You know, everyone keeps saying to trade him. The reality is that the Nuggets have no power to trade him at all. No one is gonna take him with an expiring contract this year, which means the trade would have to be a "sign and trade", which means the ball is completely in melo's court and nothing happens if he doesn't want it to.

What is stopping Melo from just waiting out the season and then getting his free reign of whichever team he wants to go to with no strings attached? NOTHING. Why would Melo limit his options to the few teams that can deal something to the Nuggets (his old team that he has nothing to do with)? HE WOULDN'T.

He will wait out the season and the Nuggets will get nothing for him, end of story, there is no debate.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
You know, everyone keeps saying to trade him. The reality is that the Nuggets have no power to trade him at all. No one is gonna take him with an expiring contract this year, which means the trade would have to be a "sign and trade", which means the ball is completely in melo's court and nothing happens if he doesn't want it to.

What is stopping Melo from just waiting out the season and then getting his free reign of whichever team he wants to go to with no strings attached? NOTHING. Why would Melo limit his options to the few teams that can deal something to the Nuggets (his old team that he has nothing to do with)? HE WOULDN'T.

He will wait out the season and the Nuggets will get nothing for him, end of story, there is no debate.
Mrwigglestheworm said:
I don't see anything to disagree with there...

We're about to get Mutomboed again...

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Last night Barkly and kenny Smith said the Nuggets seem to be all waiting and coasting to see what happens. If you watched the game last night it is kind of hard to disagree with them.

At least we can lose Melo, Chauncy and Kenyans salary soon! We will be way under the cap!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
The Nuggets are waiting for at least Dec 15. That is when players signed over the summer are eligible to be traded. Also, as we approach the trade deadline, Feb 15 teams may be willing to up the ante to get Melo..............The Nuggets know full well they can have the Nets deal whenever they want. Might as well wait to see if anyone offers something better.

Another point................Kobe wanted out of L.A. until they got Gasol and the Nugs could be hoping to make a similar trade ( aint gonna happen), but then maybe Melo would stay.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm betting he's delt before the trade deadline. The ball might be in Melo's court but he's not after money, or to be on a contender....he wants to be in a major media market where yoko will be happy. Either way if he's gone to free agency or we trade him I'll be happy to see him gone. Nuggets fans deserve more than to see some guy half ass it...... Especially the ones that had to sit back and watch Bernie Dickerstaff ruin our team years ago!!!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
dieseldoctor said:
I'm betting he's delt before the trade deadline. The ball might be in Melo's court but he's not after money, or to be on a contender....he wants to be in a major media market where yoko will be happy. Either way if he's gone to free agency or we trade him I'll be happy to see him gone. Nuggets fans deserve more than to see some guy half ass it...... Especially the ones that had to sit back and watch Bernie Dickerstaff ruin our team years ago!!!
The Nuggets CANNOT let him become a free agent and get nothing for him. They will trade him. Probably as close to the deadline as they can get unless something comes along they cant pass up.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
I think he will be delt... They will prolly get a first round pic, maybe a junk player. I will say this, while I hate to loose such a good player. Can you name a team built around a small forward? One that truly plays the 3 (which Mello does). I will be sad to see him go, but I like our young tallent, and getting rid of huge salaries this year will be nice, although not a lot of greatness to spend dough on.

It will be tough... I am ready for a new leader as well.. Karl has taken this team as far as he can.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Neal/CO said:
Last night Barkly and kenny Smith said the Nuggets seem to be all waiting and coasting to see what happens. If you watched the game last night it is kind of hard to disagree with them.

At least we can lose Melo, Chauncy and Kenyans salary soon! We will be way under the cap!
Thats good, but denver has to compete for second tier stars. And over pay them at that...

The only guy that came her voluntary when we stunk was traded for AI. He showed us loyalty and we dumped him. Same with Camby. He didn't like it here, but after he seen that they were working to improve, they dump him for nothing other than cap space.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Oyey said:
I think he will be delt... They will prolly get a first round pic, maybe a junk player. I will say this, while I hate to loose such a good player. Can you name a team built around a small forward? One that truly plays the 3 (which Mello does). I will be sad to see him go, but I like our young tallent, and getting rid of huge salaries this year will be nice, although not a lot of greatness to spend dough on.

It will be tough... I am ready for a new leader as well.. Karl has taken this team as far as he can.
A junk player? No way. We will get a quality starter, one and possibly 2 1st round picks and cap relief............In might suck this year but I think this will bode well for the Nuggets in the future.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
dieseldoctor said:
I think we'll get something for Melo...Not junk, but surely not the same value as Melo.
x2. Watching him throw down those key fade away jumpers at the end of close games will be missed.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Deuceu72 said:
Oyey said:

A junk player? No way. We will get a quality starter, one and possibly 2 1st round picks and cap relief............In might suck this year but I think this will bode well for the Nuggets in the future.
I don't think for a secod we will get a quality starter and a first rounder... I hope, but doubt...

I don't necessarily disagree that this isn't good for the nuggs future...

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
After the lockout (it's gonna happen), Oden will be sitting at home on his couch, with his micro factured knees all nice and healed up...

Cap space, and a guy who wants to prove he's not a bust, that can be had for cheap... It could happen....

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Mrwigglestheworm said:
After the lockout (it's gonna happen), Oden will be sitting at home on his couch, with his micro factured knees all nice and healed up...

Cap space, and a guy who wants to prove he's not a bust, that can be had for cheap... It could happen....
Last night I was thinking that exact thing... Watching the game and just thinkin what a deal he might be if he could be healthy... Worth a shot, but not an expensive shot.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts

Actually, the Nuggets have offered Melo a three year extention worth 64 million. No other team can offer him more than 48 million. If he wants the additional 16 million, he has to do the sign and trade. If he waits until the end of the season, the money may be even less under the new CBA. That's why Cleveland received draft picks for Lebron, because Miami couldn't pay the max contract...only Cleveland could. It had to be a sign and trade...Same with Bosh..

A team built around a small forward...the Boston Celtics with Larry Bird.

Others...John Havlicek...Elgin Baylor...Dr.J...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts