Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I went to that pond at the corner of I-25/Havana this afternoon (3:30-5:45).
Started out on the side of the pond next to Lincoln, got a couple of bites, but that was it.
At 5:15 PM, we went to the side next to Havana and got one nice size trout and two small ones. Put all three back in the water. We were using PowerBait. There were a few other people there, but we were the only ones that caught any trout (that we could see).
Storm clouds were coming over us pretty fast, so we decided to leave.
We did see a few dead fish laying in the water along the banks.
Also, while we were fishing on the side next to Lincoln, some guy showed up, on the other side of the lake, with his dog and kept throwing a rubber toy into the water for his dog to retrieve. The guy left after we moved over to the side next to Havana. It was a little irritaing seeing him throw that thing into the water and his dog jump in after it while we were fishing. But..............
Pending on the weather, will take the boat to Chatfield tomorrow (Sunday).
Cowboy

·
Registered
117 Posts
I went out there yesterday afternoon for a little while. I cought 1 really fat bluegill, another a little bit xmaller and about 10 10" bos. I saw a few ok size bos being cought. All on a worm with a super slow retrieve. If I let the bait sit, I wasn't catching anything. This little place is ok if you just want to get your line wet and don't have time to drive, on your way home from work, etc. Otherwise, I'd reccommend somewhere else. It would be a great place to take small kids though as they probably wouldn't have time to get too bored.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sure wouldn't call that pond, "The best fishing area I've ever fished in", but it was ok for "dropping a hook in the water" for a couple of hours. We didn't have enough time to hook the boat up to the truck and go somewhere else.
Like you said, it would be a great spot to take a kid to catch a few trout.
Cowboy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts