Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and Dad went back out this morning. Was fishing between 7-10am. Dad got 4 rainbows and I got 2. We both had 4 other hits. Each kept 1, with Dad's another 22 inch bow. I saw 3 big trout (20-24 inches) swim by. 1 of them hit my split shot twice about a foot above the jig. Green or pink with wax worms today. Actually felt like winter out there this morning. The open water by the boat ramp was froze, but not good enough. After we was set up some guy went walking out on it and went through. 2 other anglers yelled at him it wasn't safe. Water was over his head. Sled and auger went down with him. Was still trying to get the auger out when we left. I could tell that spot of ice wasn't safe, couldn't he? ??? Oh well, MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone. Won't be going ice fishing next week because we got late season cow elk tags! :)

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
lol @ the guy that fell in.. I hope he's a member here and reads that and feels like an idiot O0

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just cooked up the smaller ones from today and yesterday. Frying pan, butter, coarse ground black pepper, Lawry's seasoning salt, and McCormick salmon seasoning. WOW!! O0

·
Registered
199 Posts
Out there too EDB but on south by dam. Early am was great. I got a dink and lost a nice one at the hole. My son got a 19" bobo and a 15" koke-first fish for him this year O0.. Cold this morning then hot by 11am. Also, lost a pole :'( Almost had it but lost it and cut my hand up on the ice :-[ The first freight train hit of the season.
Merry Christmas to all and have a safe New Years. ;D

·
Registered
410 Posts
elkdeerbear said:
Me and Dad went back out this morning. Was fishing between 7-10am. Dad got 4 rainbows and I got 2. We both had 4 other hits. Each kept 1, with Dad's another 22 inch bow. I saw 3 big trout (20-24 inches) swim by. 1 of them hit my split shot twice about a foot above the jig. Green or pink with wax worms today. Actually felt like winter out there this morning. The open water by the boat ramp was froze, but not good enough. After we was set up some guy went walking out on it and went through. 2 other anglers yelled at him it wasn't safe. Water was over his head. Sled and auger went down with him. Was still trying to get the auger out when we left. I could tell that spot of ice wasn't safe, couldn't he? ??? Oh well, MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone. Won't be going ice fishing next week because we got late season cow elk tags! :)
You lucky dog!

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
TroutFishingBear said:
lol @ the guy that fell in.. I hope he's a member here and reads that and feels like an idiot O0
Wow Merry Christmas and he didnt get you anything!...

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey broncofan, I'll let everyone know if I get an elk! T-birdfisher, those fish were right above the weeds. Need a hut to see the underwater world though. jnbfishin4fun, soory to hear about your pole and hand. :( Also all mine were caught jigging and all Dads were caught deadsticking. ??? We were only 100 yards apart.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Merry Christmas from ANTERO RES., 12-24-10--pics added

Thanks for posting those pictures Mr. Grumpie Gills.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts