Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I generally try to pick up any extra trash when I go fishing, and usually it's not too bad. But the other day I hit a local lake that was completely TRASHED, it was really bad. I posted on here about it the other day. But I decided to do something about it today - went out with my lady this morning and cleaned up some of that nonsense

The days haul included - 5 full trash bags, a lawn chair, rusty wire tomato rack ??? , a 4x8 floor rug, multiple cardboard boxes, a box of electrical wires, coax cable, a fan, many alcohol bottles, a wire fishing trap ??? , lamp shade... At least 10-15 worm containers and just as many fishing line bird nests.

The rest was random wrappers and food/beverage waste.

We ran out bags before we could finish - covered maybe a quarter of the lake.

A neighbor family came over and thanked us with their kids - which was nice. Hopefully this can serve as some inspiration to pack out trash when visiting local fisheries.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
swimbait said:
Great work gentlemen. :eek: Your actions are beyond commendable. Bravo!

Also, there is a guy named Sisyphus that would like a word with you. (JK!)

SS
Lol - All we can do is try!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Weezy- I shared this with the staff over at fishexplorer. Go ahead & login. They have reinstated your account. (JK ;D)

No really... nice job to you & your wife. I hope God blesses with some amazing fishing!

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Well done!!
Crazy about the stuff people leave out there.
Sickening

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FISHAH0LIC said:
Weezy- I shared this with the staff over at fishexplorer. Go ahead & login. They have reinstated your account. (JK ;D)

No really... nice job to you & your wife. I hope God blesses with some amazing fishing!
:D :D :D :D

Actually went out fishing later that night and landed 3 walleye, 2 were at 20" and one at 18" - my buddy got one at 24"!

I'll chalk that up to some good karma ;)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Weezy said:
FISHAH0LIC said:

:D :D :D :D

Actually went out fishing later that night and landed 3 walleye, 2 were at 20" and one at 18" - my buddy got one at 24"!

I'll chalk that up to some good karma ;)
That's funny! Next time you clean up a lake, you're welcome aboard my boat :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts