Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to ice a lake closer to home instead of having to drive 2 hours west. I'm pretty sure I fished next to Slayer and his army. Everyone was catching a lot is all I know. I managed walleye, perch, trout and a white bass. Here is a video of the experience.

Apologies to those who seen the video from the other areas.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Good catching! We've always got kicked off the docks! Rangers didn't care?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry guys I saw the pic of the guy you posted in another thread and I saw him on the lake the other day and it’s why I thought that. Thanks for the comments.

I had cpw check my license and didn’t tell me a thing about the docks. But my buddies were later told by another office they must stay off the docks.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Nice video and fish. FYI you’re not supposed to be on the docks. Private property. Just letting you know so you and others can avoid the harassment and a ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice video and fish. FYI you’re not supposed to be on the docks. Private property. Just letting you know so you and others can avoid the harassment and a ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a general rule on every lake, I saw some others on there figured it was ok there. Definitely avoid it in the future, thanks ducky! :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
If the docks are private shouldn't you be able to fish the area next to the dock as long as you don't touch the docks? Any lawyers out there lol.

·
Registered
936 Posts
If the docks are private shouldn't you be able to fish the area next to the dock as long as you don't touch the docks? Any lawyers out there lol.
I don't know the exact circumstances, but the short answer to your question is yes.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know the exact circumstances, but the short answer to your question is yes.
Yes, but the day I caught that white bass the ice there was half an inch, so it was easier to sit on the dock and fish.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Yes, but the day I caught that white bass the ice there was half an inch, so it was easier to sit on the dock and fish.
So without the dock you wouldn't of been able to fish there...so it just amounts to basic trespassing...

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So without the dock you wouldn't of been able to fish there...so it just amounts to basic trespassing...
Yup. Basically it does. :)

I also had a cool conversation with CPW lady that was standing right on it with me about how fun Boyd can be in summer with all the boaters complaining how long it takes them to load their boat. She wasn't bothered one bit about us sitting on the dock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts