Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
been craving some fishing lately, so after a fun night of seeing white people attempting twerking on larimer and 20th for oktoberfest and catching glassjaw's set at the marquis theater... i got some sleep and drove up late in the morning (getting up early is pointless since the traffic on I-70 sucks with the tunnel work)... and got to summit county within an hour and a half... just in time to see the storms rolling in. so I drove ahead of the storm, and got to the other side of ute pass. only had a short time, so i decided to make the most of it before the deluge.

cast out a few times until the rains finally came... then i fished in the rain and cold for a few until getting completely soaked, so i ran into the shitter and took a dump as i wrung my clothes out to dry. decided to take a selfie for my growing fan club.

after the rain, it started to get windy... which was exactly what i wanted.

so i went to a windblown bay and saw a big murky mudline... cast twice into it and hooked up with this chunker.

my feet are pretty fuckin' big so im going to assume that this fish went about 27-28 inches... so i threw him back. cast a few more times and lost my lure.. so i packed up and went to the other side of the hill to heeney to do some hiking, while listening to some type o negative's october rust.

got back to the waterfall end, and decided to fish for a little over an hour, till it got dark. caught several, threw a few back, kept some eaters and dinks. most of the fish caught here were all head and small bodies. still were fun to catch, action was nonstop.... a bobber and yellow jig was all i used. biggest was that 16 inch brown.

hiking back in the dark sucks, by the way. busted my face twice on the trail. still was worth it.... probably gonna go back next weekend with my kid.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Good report but have a totally unrelated question - I grew up in Aurora back in the 60's. At that time Larimer Street was notorious for being drunks row. Kids from the highschools used to drive downtown and pitch pennies and nickles to the drunks thinking it was great fun.... poor show I know. However, I haven't been back to Denver in that part of town since ever. I had heard that Larimer Street was cleaned up and was now a pretty nice neighborhood - is that so?

Perhaps I should use Googlemaps and just check using street view but I thought I would at least ask and see if (and when) it changed.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Larimer is now part of lodo... So there's nothing but drunks and assholes there now, haha.

I love drinking at scruffy Murphys when I'm there.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Looks like fun. I was up there this weekend scouting and found a water diversion that was full of brookies. Didn't bring a rod though.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Goon you really area a peace of work and i must say your Cyber activity is pretty entertaining. Please just stop facebooking while driving a semi down the road.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Awwww sheeeiit. I didnt know Glassjaw came through. I saw those guys play a tiny (like 400sqft) venue probably 13 years ago. They put on a good show.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Love the 5th picture not so much of a fan of the 2nd pic.

Will do lots of drinking to get that image out of my head. lol

Looks like a great trip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts