Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to be a vampire while having a 5 month old and a two year old didn't really work out too well and that reality was hard to swallow. I did make it out a few times but as you know - in Colorado you need much more than a few nights here and there to get some good walleye. Knowing I would be in Kansas soon tearing the pearl eyes up Slayer style in 60 degree weather during the day with a beer in my hand did ease the pain a little bit.

So, I decided to hit a few waters close to home during the day when time would allow. On my first outing I was walking along to an area I had been wanting to try for a while but couldn't pass up this piece of water and on the first cat nailed this smally

Next, I saw a whole bunch of suckers bundled up together and figured there would be other fish around and I was right - nailed a bow

and another

you get the picture - caught many, many bows

then this brownie

On my way out I noticed there were also a lot of suckers spawning where I got that smally - so what did we learn? Look for spawning suckers to find other fish in these urban ponds/streams in the April time frame.

I also screwed around and got a few largies and Pike at a well known place in town...

Thanks to everyone who has been posting from bigger waters! Hope to get out there soon!!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
great local trip!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts