Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say is WOW! Have any of you seen the live coverage? It is amazing! I think they are up to 14 miners out! What a great story! Also great job to the USA for stepping in and helping out with the rescue! Any news cast today I'm sure will carry the footage live! Check it out if you get a chance!

Jim

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I find the stories coming from these men about their faith and walking with god to help them through all of this, especially the 17 days before they were found are amazing. Though god may not be real, and some refuse to look at the good faith has done for people, this is one example where their faith has held true. And even the non believers should respect that.

And I agree, It is really nice to see a story of good happening in this world, all of the hate and evil that we are exposed to everyday does take a toll on all of us.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
This is more amazing than many will ever know. I grew up in a mining family and went to a lot of "UNCLES" funerals. My dads best friend dies on his birthday and even my dad was in a cave in, which he managed to survive barely. The fact that any of them are still alive is pretty much a miracle.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Just amazing. If this doesn't put a lump in your throat, you need your pulse checked.

Pretty amusing, though, about the one guy whose wife and mistress met each other over this, and he found out about it and said "leave me down here."

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
sswan said:
Pretty amusing, though, about the one guy whose wife and mistress met each other over this, and he found out about it and said "leave me down here."
Ha ha! I hadn't heard that story!

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
sswan said:
Ha ha! I hadn't heard that story!
Yep, the side salad showed up for the rescue, but the main course didn't.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts