Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Minn Kota 40 Maxxum trolling motor for reason that Minn Kota advertises that the maxxum trolling motor can last up to 5 times longer on a single battery charge. I tested the trolling motor on my ponton boat at a Aurora a few days ago and to my surprise the motor lasted just the same as my previous motor (Endura 36).

I am thinking about either calling Minn Kota or sending it back but first I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced the same problem. Is there something I should be doing in order to get the motor to last longer?

Thanks,

Michael

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Baja,

Maybe it is my walmart battery. I bought the battery last November and only used it a few times. It was not recharged all winter. Perhaps, my battery is drained.

The last time I used my maxxum I got about 2 hours of constant trolling at 50% of full power thrust. Did you do anything to rig the battery differently. I know on the the Minn Kota instruction booklet says to use a "fused ground wire" if you using only one a battery (which I am) and other electronics. I am using a Eagle Cuda 168 fish finder. I cannot imagine the fish finder would drain the battery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts