Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling my Minn Kota Terrova electric trolling motor. I bought this motor from a friend in 2010. He had a different motor he wanted to use on his new boat so he sold it to me. I added the ipilot immediately in 2010 and it has run perfectly since then. It's a 24 volt system with 80lbs of thrust. I have it on a 19' deep V aluminum boat and it handles the boat great. The only reason I am selling it is because I bought the newer model with more bells and whistles and less hours. There is nothing mechanically wrong with it. It comes with the remote and foot pedal, both of which are fully functioning and responsive. The boat/motor was kept indoors for all but one year and that year it's kept covered. The unit does not come with the mounting plate. In my opinion, this is the best trolling motor for fishing in CO. Spot lock is the single most used function. I use it constantly and haven't used an anchor since purchasing the motor.

I soldered the wiring so you will get it with a cut connection as I have the other end permanently installed in my boat. The motor records up to 3 trolling tracks that can be used over and over and it has auto pilot for staying in line to a target as you move. I can't say enough about this motor and will never be without one on my boat. The letters on the right side (visible in the top view photo) were off when I purchased it, so I have no information on how that happened. I am in Pueblo but will consider delivering to Denver area. Asking $700

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Yep...
I now own a "Min Kot" :biggrin1:
What is the shaft length on this unit?

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
On the new motor I bought the lettering emblems have been changed. They are not single letters anymore but raised whole words but still glued on instead of molded in. Awesome motors with a lot of new bells and whistles like the compass puck for the spot lock jog, can't wait to get it out in a couple weeks!

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
On the new motor I bought the lettering emblems have been changed. They are not single letters anymore but raised whole words but still glued on instead of molded in. Awesome motors with a lot of new bells and whistles like the compass puck for the spot lock jog, can't wait to get it out in a couple weeks!
You must report on whether the "new" spot lock works better than the "old" spot lock!

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
I will after I get back from vacation. Doc at BPS told me the new motor reacts faster and holds position a lot better! Sure looks sexy with the new design! Someone needs to grab this motor from Jason...great motor for a good price!

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sold

1 - 8 of 8 Posts