Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering where to buy minnows. Maybe everyone could post places where they sell them. The only 2 places I know of right now is
Jax Surplus in Fort Collins and

Bennets bait and Tackle in Burthud (sp).

Any other places in along the front range?
Arrow62

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
There is a spot on S Santa Fe drive in Englewood. They used to have a vending machine out front that could give you minnows, leeches, or worms. But some genius took a crowbar to it over Christmas so it is out of service. But you can still get the bait inside.

Hit or miss though, it is the only place for miles, so sometimes they are out of one thing or the other. I beleive it is called Discount fishing. Just south of Evans on the west side.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
worms, minnows, leaches discount fishing on sante fe --- gander mountain on Iliff and 225 --- sportsmans warehouse on wadsworth worms only I believe ---

·
Registered
23 Posts
Are you talking about live minnows? I found dead minnows at Sportmans 225 and Alamed, but would love to find some live ones.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I am guessing you are from up north? Discount fishing has them in Fort Collins they are located on College St. and they even have a vending machine with them for when they are closed. Also Absolute Angler in Arvada on Wadsworth usually has a good supply of them.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Michael in Parker said:
The bait store at Quincy and Parker has minnows, shinners, and will be getting leaches.
I got some there last week and Im not sure what she uses in that water but it smells like human waste.(Crap) Not to mention half of them died by the time I got home. 10min away.

Shes avery nice lady and knows her stuff but I hate dropping my money in there.

I rather drive the 15min out of my way and goto the Aurora Gander mnt.

IMO

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gotmuski,
Thanks for the tip on Discount fishing, it is a little closer then the others. I live in Windsor and seems like I have to drive 30 miles + sometimes to to find minnows. Thanks for the other reply's also. Maybe soon I can get down towards Denver and try the lakes down there.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Arrow,

Bennetts in Berthoud is only 22 miles from Windsor...he almost always has minnows...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts