Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find the elevation at Pinewood Res. Does anyone know if it is legal to use live minnows in that lake?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yes it is legal. It is only 6,000 something but it is definetily less than seven thousand feet. Just went on saturday and caught a crap load of stocker trout on sherbert powerbait just east of the boatramp. saw lots of stocker muskie cruising too.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I found those stockers too. Could have caught as many as I had salmon eggs for. I didn't want to hurt the little guys though. I went there for tigers but they were probably all full of 8-10" trout. I saw a dead one in the water that was definately over the 36" minimum. The stockers did not want those minnows. I was hoping a tiger would. When I went it was almost too windy for casting a muskie lure.

·
Registered
578 Posts
pikester said:
I went there for tigers but they were probably all full of 8-10" trout.  I saw a dead one in the water that was definately over the 36" minimum.  The stockers did not want those minnows.  I was hoping a tiger would.  When I went it was almost too windy for casting a muskie lure.
I have never had any luck with Tigers using minnows, not even any interested ones checking it out!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts