Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
odd random question. anyone know anywere reliable that has minnows later in the evening ? was going out in the 2011 lund and poof didnt get minnows today..... i usually hit a shop in town for my minnows. i think its time for a fishtank.... thanks for any leads.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The only place I know of is outlaw, not sure what time he closes. If your heading to P-lo again I'm sure you know that the marina has them, once the finally open. Unfortunately the nice little bait shop on the way to the north marina went out of business. He used to open pretty early. Your fish tank idea is prolly your best bet, but I've had trouble keeping them alive for more than a couple days in a tank. Good Luck and let us know how you do...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ahhh, now that you mention it I do remeber reading that. You're right as far as rules go I guess that's tolerable. Back when you could use the ramp all night I would go out with a spotlight and locate schools of shad near the surface then catch them with a cast net. It's pretty cool when you shine the beam across the surface of the water the shad start jumping like crazy giving away their location. I was still unable to keep them alive very long in the livewell and had limited success with them. Dead ones however make great catfish bait if you can get the big shad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts