Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does everyone get their minnows at? I live in the Broomfied area and was looking for a decent place.

Thinking of going up to Horsetooth tomorrow.

Thanks
pieter

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
shadowbiz said:
Where does everyone get their minnows at?  I live in the Broomfied area and was looking for a decent place.

Thinking of going up to Horsetooth tomorrow.

Thanks
pieter
There's a bait shop in downtown Lafeyette. I haven't checked it out yet, but my cousin says they've got some big healthy minnows. Drive down on 287 and make that turn down there to enter Lafeyette. You know which one I'm talking about... The one that goes in a half circle that'll take you right through Lafeyette's downtown. It will be one of the mom & pop shops on your left. I forgot the name though, sorry. Keep looking. It's somewhere near that Waneka Lake turn.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Is Uncle Milty's the only place down south (Highland Ranch area) that carries minnows?

You would think that there would be more bait shops around the lake....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ken Broeren said:
Where did you find them?
I got them from Bob's Bait Shop on Washington about a quater mile north of 58th. Ended up getting about 36 in the 1 to 3 inch range.

And since I am going to a 4 day work week starting next week... I will be out on the lake a lot more. :)

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
shadowbiz said:
Ken Broeren said:
Where did you find them?
I got them from Bob's Bait Shop on Washington about a quater mile north of 58th.  Ended up getting about 36 in the 1 to 3 inch range.
That's my #1 pick to get minnows. The native dude in there gets all kinds of reports from all over the Eastern Plains.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts