Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the last few at miracle mile. Water is super low and clear. Lake is way up past chalk bluffs. Few boats on open water side of inlet but most of the reservoir is iced. Fished lower river and plastics the first day and managed a few but nothing big. Saw others doing well drifting crawlers. Very busy with every pull off having vehicles and 4-5 drift boats Sunday and Monday. Flailed it up the second day and got into some fish that I think mostly were coming up from pathy. Got 10 or so all 18-22” and healthy including a nice brown. Watched a group of 4 fly fisherman pound a single 50 yard run for 7 hours straight. That was neat, they came back the next day and did the same. Saw quite a few reds in that stretch�� I caught trout in all the holes I fished but couldn’t find any walleye. Fished the deep slow waters for them but nope. Didn’t hear of any caught either. Looks like the days of it being quite up there are over. Still quality fish just not as dumb as in years past. I have talked to wfg most trips up there th last few years. Nice folks. Glad they are protecting the fishery. I’ll be back in a month to try again for eyes.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Like most place to many peeps. Fished there 25 years plus last time it was hard to find a place to park. Doubt I will go back no need to drive 5 hours to be crowded I can do that here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts