Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm headed to Missouri here this next weekend and I'll have a day to play, any good fishing within' 2 hours of St. Louis anyone can recommend? PM's welcome if you don't want to say here.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
My brother in Law is stationed at Ft. Leonard Wood Missouri. He says he likes to go up to Carlyle Res (east of STL about 20 minutes) and catch crappie on the southwest side between the dam and the state park. We were supposed to go up there for crappie on our little outing a month ago, but other things took precedent.

Tight Lines.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Drewski...hit me up.

Opry is correct, by the way. My old man is retired now, and his "job" is fishing mon-fri. He fishes Carlyle.

The spillway is good when the water is pumping. Tons of filthy ass Asian Carp in there though (norascit). But they're fun to "catch" if you happen to stick one. Most of them in there are huge. I've pulled a few 15-20 pounders out of there.

Up by the spillyway opening, big flats can be had...as you move down stream, you can find white bass, sauger, walleye, channels, crappie...the occasional pike.

I'll put you on a pattern, just hit me up.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Just f***in around. =) Someone's bound to enjoy the Crocodile Dundee meme though...

And yes, Asian carp are a filthy, destructive species.

·
Registered
676 Posts
You could try this.

http://mdc.mo.gov/regions/st-louis/august-busch-memorial-conservation-area

My wife's family lives nearby but I never seem to get a chance to try it. I think they have boats to rent at each of the fishable lakes.

I usually fish the Mineral Fork river when I'm there but last weekend the smallmouth were still not active yet. Another one I fish is Big River. Both require floating them for decent fishing, or wading for Mineral Fork.

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You could try this.

http://mdc.mo.gov/regions/st-louis/august-busch-memorial-conservation-area

My wife's family lives nearby but I never seem to get a chance to try it. I think they have boats to rent at each of the fishable lakes.

I usually fish the Mineral Fork river when I'm there but last weekend the smallmouth were still not active yet. Another one I fish is Big River. Both require floating them for decent fishing, or wading for Mineral Fork.
I got that info sent to me from a St. Charles local.....might be worth a try.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm headed to Missouri here this next weekend and I'll have a day to play, any good fishing within' 2 hours of St. Louis anyone can recommend? PM's welcome if you don't want to say here.

I fished table rock a couple of weeks ago that is a great lake !

bass are getting on the beds this week !
we caught a few walleyes at the dam im heading back soon !:cool2::cool2::cool2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts