Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week or so after the Fishing Opener here in MN, we decided to stay local to maximize fishing time on a short outing. The alum treatment from last year on this lake really has water clear and the weeds booming! Making long casts with Squarebills yielded a few smaller bass and pike and then we started catching some bigger fish (both Pike and Bass) than I'm used to on this lake, mostly on Spinnerbaits, and had a productive couple hours before the wind finally blew us off the lake but not before a boat side Muskie encounter.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Headed to St cloud MN

I am moving to St cloud MN in a couple of weeks. Very excited to be in a stat where bass, Walleye, perch, crappie, Northerns and muskie are the go to species. Been in colorado most of my life except for my time serving in the army in upstate ny.

Tired of the trout ready for some warm water action. Any tips for summer or winter would be greatly appreciated. Love the videos!

Thanks!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
St. Cloud, MN you say, that's where I went to school for 4 years at the State University there. I haven't done much fishing up there but know that there are ample bass and pike lakes in the area. The key to better fishing is to get 30 minutes or more outside of the Metro area and the pressure on each lake falls off significantly. You also have the Mississippi River and all of it's glory and backwaters to poke around on! I will shoot you a PM and we can discuss a bit more.

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
Great video Mtch...THX for sharing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts