Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't bear to go to a "Park" and slime it up. ;D So we sweated out a couple limits between 3 guys. Most were caught in 18" of water. when you miss a hookset in 18" of water the freekin spoon comes rocketing thru the hole its hilarious. :p

Grind it out kinda day I blame the full moon.

Also hiked around 8 miles and drilled 125 holes.

No slothing on this trip.;D

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice mess of fish slayer and team. You have a new auger setup?!?
My 1st setup was the 725/clam/6" mora. Then I switched the 725 to a 1200 so as to run the 8" mora. The 8" seemed to suck a lot of juice so I went to a 7" Mini Nero.

So the top one is the 2704 fuel/clam/7" nero. 15.25 lbs
Lower is the 2604/6" mora with modded flighting. Its prolly what I'll use 90% of the time. 9.41lbs

·
Registered
87 Posts
So sweet! I'm jealous. Been trying to find a spot for perch recently. Hope you don't mind me asking, but what are you looking for as far as structure when it comes to perch? Mudflats off a rock bar?

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So sweet! I'm jealous. Been trying to find a spot for perch recently. Hope you don't mind me asking, but what are you looking for as far as structure when it comes to perch? Mudflats off a rock bar?
Usually mud flats right next to rocks. But that didnt seem to work. SO WE JUST STARTED DRILLING . Eventually we found a few. ;D

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Couldn't bear to go to a "Park" and slime it up. ;D So we sweated out a couple limits between 3 guys. Most were caught in 18" of water. when you miss a hookset in 18" of water the freekin spoon comes rocketing thru the hole its hilarious. :p
There's gotta be some hyperboles in there. I'm thinking the hole was deeper and your rods ain't that big. :D Regardless, nice snacks! :thumb:

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
8 miles for forage...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts