Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After work i was able to get a hall pass from the Mrs. to fish for a couple of hours. I went to Cherry Creek. I tried a couple of spots at Mountain Loop. It was very shallow shore fishing and very hot. You know the old saying, "WHEN THE WINDS FROM THE EAST THE FISHING CEASED" I decided to go to the Marina and walk to the Dam and cast a lure off the rocks. I found my Storm lure that looks like a rainbow trout that i havent tried for awhile so i found a spot that looked good. And note; it was 80 degrees, high pressure. I was casting for about 10 minutes and then BAM! It felt like mack truck hit that lure. All of a sudden the thing was peeling line off my reel. (6lb. Berkely Green XL). I couldn't even reel it in yet she just took off. my pole literally looked like the letter U upside down, it was great. That Beast had some shoulders on her. After about 5 minutes i was able to reel it in closer and she took off again and at that point i had to trust my line. It being 6lb pound test i didn't want it to break off. I loosend my drag a little bit and after another 10 minutes i got her to shore and lucky I put my glove in my pocket. I forgot to bring my net of course. I put my glove on, reeled her in as close to the rocks and stuck my hand with the glove in her gill plate. That thing was a pig! I was glad to have my cell phone so I was able to take pictures of her to show you guys. That Carp was easy over 10lbs i wish i had the scale. It was at least 30 inches or bigger I didnt have my ruler on me to measure it. I couldn't lift her over my head my arm was shaking. That one fish , the only fish i caught made my weekend. Bottom line no pun intended any fish over 10 lbs will give anyone a rush. Anyways i released her back and went home with a big smile.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3287/carpontherocks.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2991/lurecarp.th.jpg[/IMG][/UR

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
undergroundfisherman said:
After work i was able to get a hall pass from the Mrs. to fish for a couple of hours. I went to Cherry Creek. I tried a couple of spots at Mountain Loop. It was very shallow shore fishing and very hot. You know the old saying, "WHEN THE WINDS FROM THE EAST THE FISHING CEASED" I decided to go to the Marina and walk to the Dam and cast a lure off the rocks. I found my Storm lure that looks like a rainbow trout that i havent tried for awhile so i found a spot that looked good. And note; it was 80 degrees, high pressure. I was casting for about 10 minutes and then BAM! It felt like mack truck hit that lure. All of a sudden the thing was peeling line off my reel. (6lb. Berkely Green XL). I couldn't even reel it in yet she just took off. my pole literally looked like the letter U upside down, it was great. That Beast had some shoulders on her. After about 5 minutes i was able to reel it in closer and she took off again and at that point i had to trust my line. It being 6lb pound test i didn't want it to break off. I loosend my drag a little bit and after another 10 minutes i got her to shore and lucky I put my glove in my pocket. I forgot to bring my net of course. I put my glove on, reeled her in as close to the rocks and stuck my hand with the glove in her gill plate. That thing was a pig! I was glad to have my cell phone so I was able to take pictures of her to show you guys. That Carp was easy over 10lbs i wish i had the scale. It was at least 30 inches or bigger I didnt have my ruler on me to measure it. I couldn't lift her over my head my arm was shaking. That one fish , the only fish i caught made my weekend. Bottom line no pun intended any fish over 10 lbs will give anyone a rush. Anyways i released her back and went home with a big smile.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3287/carpontherocks.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2991/lurecarp.th.jpg[/IMG][/UR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts