·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
38" 20.8 pounds. Taken on a dead bait.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Taken on a deadbeat? And here I thought those were good foor nuthin'. Oh, dead "bait". My bad.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Imagine, this is only the neck area of the monster one I caught. It was mid 40" range and I hope it was only mid 20 pound range. I bet it was bigger. It probably was a record. I could've gaffed it, and then got it through the hole (dang thing didn't want through!) and probably got the record, but I chose to let it survive to carry on the population to battle against overpopulated yellow perch. I believe Vancleave's record is safe because I chose to let the fish live. I have absolutely no regrets.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Nice guys! I really respect the fact that you would sacrifice a possable record, that's admirable. Tell Ice "Wicked fish"!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Nice Fish!!!! Boy even with an awesome fish in his hands Ice doesnt get any better lookin. :p (I kid Ice I kid)

·
Registered
935 Posts
He kinda looks like he's fixin' to take a big bite out of the fish, doesn't he?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey at least its ice season and Ice didn't have his shirt off when he caught this pike unlike one of them from the yampa. lol. Course the handsome guy taking the photos was me! ::) :D

Edit: I also think it is strange that there were so many people who said I was lying, yet when I post (and prove them wrong) they don't say anything? lol. I hope this will help convince some I'm not a liar.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
nice fish!!!! some people just seem to believe that since they are not catching big fish that everyone else that says they are catching big fish must be lying. i say too bad for them, keep on catching and releasing... beauties.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
TroutFishingBear said:
Hey at least its ice season and Ice didn't have his shirt off when he caught this pike unlike one of them from the yampa. lol.
For that we are eternally grateful!

Dan

·
Registered
879 Posts
TFB, fishermen don't lie, they just expand on the truth a little. Great fish and great pics. thanks for posting and to sticking to your guns.

·
Registered
24,589 Posts
Nice fish!!!!...some of us had no doubt you caught it...

Gene Simmons and his pike!!!...

Lake X Pike Rock City!!!...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts