Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Monster Northern (lake X)

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Zman 
#1 ·
38" 20.8 pounds. Taken on a dead bait.

See less See more
#3 ·

Imagine, this is only the neck area of the monster one I caught. It was mid 40" range and I hope it was only mid 20 pound range. I bet it was bigger. It probably was a record. I could've gaffed it, and then got it through the hole (dang thing didn't want through!) and probably got the record, but I chose to let it survive to carry on the population to battle against overpopulated yellow perch. I believe Vancleave's record is safe because I chose to let the fish live. I have absolutely no regrets.

#5 ·
Nice Fish!!!! Boy even with an awesome fish in his hands Ice doesnt get any better lookin. :p (I kid Ice I kid)

#9 ·
Hey at least its ice season and Ice didn't have his shirt off when he caught this pike unlike one of them from the yampa. lol. Course the handsome guy taking the photos was me! ::) :D

Edit: I also think it is strange that there were so many people who said I was lying, yet when I post (and prove them wrong) they don't say anything? lol. I hope this will help convince some I'm not a liar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.